• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom XP-100 in .260 Remington

guns_and_labs

This is a full-blown custom job done by fiftydriver, who is probably the best at XP-100's these days (take a bow, Kirby). It is a knock-out.

New everything, except the action, and that was completely rebuilt. It has a nice Burris 2-7x scope on it. It has had 40 rounds through it, cleaning carefully after every three rounds. Even during the break-in, it would outshoot all but the highest end benchrest rifles, and with factory ammunition!

To my embarrassment and chagrin, I'm not very good with these handcannons, and they don't fit my spot-and-stalk hunting style well. Soooo, after paying a bunch to get the perfect XP-100, I'm letting it go to someone who can appreciate it.

I have it posted for auction on gunbroker.com ( link ), but I will halt the auction and sell it direct to anyone on this board for the minimum bid price of $1000 + shipping. I'm also willing to consider trades for bolt actions in a similar caliber (.260 up to .30-06, or metric equivalents)

Tell me about the barrel, mfg., length, twist...What ammo have you been using?
Thanks,

Let's see if I can remember the build list...

15" barrel, 1:8 twist, finished, chambered and fitted.
2" Holland QD brake.
Action trued, fitted/modified for .260 Remington.
Holland Comp Recoil Lug
Custom stock, fitted.
Trigger nice, light and crisp, at 2-2.5 lbs.
Scope mounted.

As I recall, it was tested for 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

You know, I don't know all that Kirby did to it... I just asked him to make it nice. He did.

In terms of ammo, I used some Nosler Custom as well as standard Remington 140 gr. The Nosler Custom was awesome.

If that was a left handed stock it would be a good buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I don't need another 6.5 XP as I have 2 already.
I wish I had something to trade you regardless, but I don't even own a centerfire rifle.

That is a good price for a Kirby built XP. I can let others know it is for sale if you want me to. Don't really need another 6.5 either but wish I had something to offer for trade. You can never have enough SP's
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Please do pass the word. I'll keep it re-listing on gunbroker, but this is a little too specialized for the usual gunbroker crowd.

Wish it had an HS or McMillan stock.....I don't care for the type of stock that's on it.....

Nope, still available. Also willing to consider trades for accurate bolt action rifles in varmint calibers (.223, etc.).