custom turret question

hammer111

I curious, can you get custom turrets for a scope that doesnt have turrets. like say a nikon monarch.

or does the scope have to have turrets from the factory.

What Monarch are you using that doesn't have turrets? Pretty much every Monarch I have seen has an MOA adjustable turret. You can try Kenton Industries and see if they offer one.

Ok thanks . The reason I asked was , I was day dreaming looking at a add were a company advertised custom turrets. And I was just wondering if that could be done to all scopes or did the scope have to be built specifically for turrets.

My monarch has the average adjustment turrets just for sighting in. I hope I'm saying it right. I got the bug to try long distance shooting, so I'm not very versed in scope talk.

After looking at the price of scopes with turrets, when I came to, I wondered if adding custom turrets to a scope that didn't come with them was feasible.

Those will only work if you have one of the 'newer" Monarchs with turrets. Not totally sure what you mean by turrets but my brother has an older Monarch that has the old style coin slot turn knob but all three of my Monarchs bought in the last 5 or 6 years have turrets. Kenton industries can make a turret for the monarch scopes. So far my Nikons have been very repeatable. No problem dialing them,

excatly dave , i have the cion slot turret. im refering to the , for lack of a better term. the tower turrets that I see on long range guns, were dial up your distance.

example would be for instance 500 yards you would turn the turret 3 complete turns, than boom your ready to shoot 500 yards.

If you have a 1/10 of an inch of vertical on your turret then you can use the wraps, on full rev on most turrets will get you out in the 600 yards range or more.

Yep, the custom turrets won't work with those older style scopes. Something my brother laments regularly. He doesn't shoot much and if he wants to stretch it out we're usually shooting one of my guns. One of these days he'll sell that scope and upgrade. The newer Monarchs work great though. Even the little 2-8X32 on my CZ 455 .22, that scope gets DIALED on a regular basis. It is one of the few that does take 2-3 full revolutions to stretch it out. It also regularly gets rezeroed due to different brands of .22 and if I swap out the 17 HMR barrel. Hitting something at 200 yards with a .22 is more fun than the 17 though... Coyotes and fox sure don't like the 17 either.

Thanks David, and Fox. I didn't think so, but I had to ask. I don't know of any better place to get answers than this website.

I feel smarter just by hanging around this website. It's better than staying at a holiday inn.

I guess I 'll to ask Santa Claus or uncle Sam to get me a long range scope.

Are gently used ones ok or do I go brand new.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.