Custom Remington 700 12.7x48

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by Trev08, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Trev08

Trev08 Active Member

Remington 700 chambered in 12.7x48 (same as 510 Whisper). The gunsmithing was done by IT&D Custom Gun in Ohio. The case is based on a .338 Lapua Magnum case cut down to 1.875” and necked up to accept 50 BMG bullets.

It has a 16” Douglass XX Premium barrel threaded at 7/8 – 14 tpi for suppressor
    Seekins Precision bottom metal with 5 round magazine
    Nightforce 20 MOA base
    Rifle Basix 1.5lb trigger
    Bell & Carlson Medalist Varmint/Tactical stock

I’m including a set of dies
    56 – pieces of brass (some new, some have been fired)
    130 – Hawk Precision 750 grain subsonic expansion hollow points
    80 – surplus API bullets that have been pulled and resized

I originally built this for hog hunting. I thought it would be fun to set up at night and quietly plink hogs off from 300 or 400 yards away. But I have 2 babies now and have lost interest. I also thought it would be neat to have a .338 Lapua barrel made for it so you could switch barrels and have two totally different guns in one.

The rifle needs a little work. The safety needs to be installed (I have all the parts) and the bolt stop needs to be ground down a little to allow the bolt to side far enough back to clear the next round in the magazine (It could be done in a few minutes with a Dremel.) I did the inletting on the stock for the bottom metal myself and kind of did a hack job on it. It doesn’t look pretty but its serviceable. There are several scratches on the rifle and stock. There’s a big nasty one on top of the bolt right behind the handle. I’ve fired 40 to 50 rounds through it testing my silencer and trying different loads. I never really got it dialed in good so I can’t say how well it shoots.

Asking $1000 plus shipping. Please E-mail me at treverwilliams@yahoo.com

I also have a Form 1 suppressor I could sell with it if someone really wants to do the paperwork.

Attached Files:

2. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

I dident think the 700 rem. action would work for a lapua case ?

3. Trev08

Trev08 Active Member

It takes a little modification but it can be done. Remington offers it in 338 lapua from the factory now. This one started out as a 7mm mag. The gunsmith opened up the bolt face, installed a Sako extractor, and opened up the inlet for the longer cases. Also the bolt stop needs to be filed down a little bit to allow the bolt to slide a little further back.

4. highridge1

highridge1 Well-Known Member

Remington is building factory rifles in 338 lapua on a 700 action

5. hogkiller45

hogkiller45 Member

sent pm

6. Trev08

Trev08 Active Member

This is still available.

7. Trev08

Trev08 Active Member

This is still available. I’m lowering the price to $850.

8. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

Did you have good luck with the supressor? What kind of design did you use? I have built a couple and just wonder what size I would have to build for this gun. Interested in trades?

9. Trev08

Trev08 Active Member

Yes, the suppressor works well. It has a 1.5" tube with K baffles inside a 2.5" outter tube, kinda like an AWC Mk9. Here are some pics. It sounds about as loud as slamming a pickup door.

Yes I would be interested in trading for a 260. Savage makes one called the Predator Max 1 that I have my eye on.

Attached Files:

10. Trev08

Trev08 Active Member

Sold Pending Funds