• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Remington 700 12.7x48

Trev08

Remington 700 chambered in 12.7x48 (same as 510 Whisper). The gunsmithing was done by IT&D Custom Gun in Ohio. The case is based on a .338 Lapua Magnum case cut down to 1.875" and necked up to accept 50 BMG bullets.

It has a 16" Douglass XX Premium barrel threaded at 7/8 – 14 tpi for suppressor
Seekins Precision bottom metal with 5 round magazine
Nightforce 20 MOA base
Rifle Basix 1.5lb trigger
Bell & Carlson Medalist Varmint/Tactical stock

I'm including a set of dies
56 – pieces of brass (some new, some have been fired)
130 – Hawk Precision 750 grain subsonic expansion hollow points
80 – surplus API bullets that have been pulled and resized

I originally built this for hog hunting. I thought it would be fun to set up at night and quietly plink hogs off from 300 or 400 yards away. But I have 2 babies now and have lost interest. I also thought it would be neat to have a .338 Lapua barrel made for it so you could switch barrels and have two totally different guns in one.

The rifle needs a little work. The safety needs to be installed (I have all the parts) and the bolt stop needs to be ground down a little to allow the bolt to side far enough back to clear the next round in the magazine (It could be done in a few minutes with a Dremel.) I did the inletting on the stock for the bottom metal myself and kind of did a hack job on it. It doesn't look pretty but its serviceable. There are several scratches on the rifle and stock. There's a big nasty one on top of the bolt right behind the handle. I've fired 40 to 50 rounds through it testing my silencer and trying different loads. I never really got it dialed in good so I can't say how well it shoots.

Asking $1000 plus shipping. Please E-mail me at [email protected]

I also have a Form 1 suppressor I could sell with it if someone really wants to do the paperwork.

Attachments

• 9Bottom.JPG
    9Bottom.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 4RtSide.JPG
    4RtSide.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 5Muzzle.JPG
    5Muzzle.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 13
  • 6LfSide.JPG
    6LfSide.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 7Scratches.JPG
    7Scratches.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 8BottomMetal.JPG
    8BottomMetal.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 11
I dident think the 700 rem. action would work for a lapua case ?

It takes a little modification but it can be done. Remington offers it in 338 lapua from the factory now. This one started out as a 7mm mag. The gunsmith opened up the bolt face, installed a Sako extractor, and opened up the inlet for the longer cases. Also the bolt stop needs to be filed down a little bit to allow the bolt to slide a little further back.

Did you have good luck with the supressor? What kind of design did you use? I have built a couple and just wonder what size I would have to build for this gun. Interested in trades?

Yes, the suppressor works well. It has a 1.5" tube with K baffles inside a 2.5" outter tube, kinda like an AWC Mk9. Here are some pics. It sounds about as loud as slamming a pickup door.

Yes I would be interested in trading for a 260. Savage makes one called the Predator Max 1 that I have my eye on.

Attachments

• DSCc_1322.jpg
    DSCc_1322.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCc_1325.jpg
    DSCc_1325.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 11