• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Long Range Hunting Rifle

jgraham01

I have had this up for sale before and although there was interest, I had no buyers. So I decided to sweeten the deal with all the brass, ammo and Swarovski scope I have. It is the perfect long range hunting rifle for the discriminating shooter.

A highly customized Weatherby Vanguard 2, in 300 Weatherby Magnum, with many additional items. This has the original stock and bottom metal plus a Boyds Laminated Nutmeg stock with stippled grip areas, two action crossbolts, Pachmayr Decelerator 1" black pad, Edwards Recoil Suppressor, and pillar and glass bedding professionally done by Boyds.

CDI Precision Gunworks modified the Boyds stock to accept their detachable magazine bottom metal and three modified 5 round magazines were purchased to accept the 300 Weatherby. They advised that factory stock can be modified to accept the detachable magazine bottom metal for a small fee.

A muzzle break was added and the rifle sent to Accurate Plating and Weaponry. They installed the break and fabricating a custom thread protector. All metal was matte chrome finished. Also added were Weaver blued steel bases with blued Leupold Quick Detachable rings and a Swarovski PV2.5-10X56L scope with a Plex recital.

Included with the rifle are the original Weatherby box and paperwork, original Swarovski box and paperwork and:
50 rounds of Weatherby factory 180 grain ammo,
88 new Weatherby factory brass
62 once fired Weatherby factory brass
42 new Remington factory brass
150 once fired Remington factory brass
36 once fired Federal nickel brass
That's a total of 376 pieces of brass and 50 rounds of factory ammo.

I have well over $3300 invested in this and I am selling it for $2300, shipped. I can consider any trades you might have, but the trade price would be around $3000.

Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Email with any questions and more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

I have well over $3300 invested in this and I am selling it for $2300, shipped. I can consider any trades you might have, but the trade price would be around $3000.

Pardon my ignorance; but, I often see this type of thing. What does it mean?

Pardon my snarkiness... but that is a 1100 msrp rifle USED, that is modified....
all other parts combined do NOT equal 2000.
Right now, as it sits, id offer you 700 cash.... since most Weatherbys are shotguns, rather than rifles.

Pardon my snarkiness... but that is a 1100 msrp rifle USED, that is modified....
all other parts combined do NOT equal 2000.
Right now, as it sits, id offer you 700 cash.... since most Weatherbys are shotguns, rather than rifles.

I was always taught to hold my options until I have all my facts. You should try that. The scope alone is $1000 used. The bottom metal and three mags are $500 plus shipping. The modified stock from boyds is another $500. The ammo and once fired brass is easily $500. That does not count the refinish, the break and the rifle.

Really? Thanks for clearing that up, I think. Very nice setup and good luck with the sale.

Actually it means that I did not want someone trying to trade their item straight for mine at $2300. Many times people think because you put a cash price of a certain value, that the trade price is the same. I just want whoever asks to know that up front. It is a very nice setup. I see another member is selling just the scope, exactly like mine for $1250. The Swarovski brand is excellent. I have seven myself.

Jerry

Actually it means that I did not want someone trying to trade their item straight for mine at $2300. Many times people think because you put a cash price of a certain value, that the trade price is the same. I just want whoever asks to know that up front. It is a very nice setup. I see another member is selling just the scope, exactly like mine for $1250. The Swarovski brand is excellent. I have seven myself.

Jerry

Jerry,
Not questioning your price at all. I just never heard of such a thing because I always felt two parties negotiated and came to an agreement or not. I was interested and was selling a brand new $2600 Swarovski scope and thought I might offer it in trade. That's why I asked. It just didn't make sense for me to do so and kick in an extra $400. Like I said, nice setup and, decent cash price. Good luck with your sale my friend. Bump.

Jerry,
Not questioning your price at all. I just never heard of such a thing because I always felt two parties negotiated and came to an agreement or not. I was interested and was selling a brand new $2600 Swarovski scope and thought I might offer it in trade. That's why I asked. It just didn't make sense for me to do so and kick in an extra $400. Like I said, nice setup and, decent cash price. Good luck with your sale my friend. Bump.

Negotiations are always open. What swarovski scope do you have. Might be something I need.

Jerry