Custom inletting gunsmith

Jsaum

can anyone tell me who does custom inletting on a mcmillan stock? I've got a buddy that has an A bolt that wants a custom stock inlet.

One of the guys that was doing that work for them has started his own business inletting.

Doug Arbor. (Arizona)

Instagram - ST Arbor customs for Pics.

623-296-4017

Go through him to order and get a discount.
His prices are less than half of what it takes a GS to route it out.

^^^
This. LRI is the place to go for precision flat-top inletting. Sure, any smith can do it with a manual mill- but for factory precision gotta be CNC.

LRI is not the only CNC shop to do inletting. In fact:

Doug Arbor used to be the inletting person for McMillan until they wanted to cheap out and stop doing anything but generic inletting. He now runs his own shop and continues to do the inletting for McMillan AND THEIR CUSTOMERS. If you order through Doug you get a discount which you DON'T get from LRI.

Save some money and get the best inletting from the guy who knows McMillan stocks.

Doug Arbor. (Arizona)

Instagram - ST Arbor customs for Pics.

623-296-4017

Go through him to order and get a discount.
His prices are less than half of what it takes a GS to route it out.

Check out his website for all the information.

:)

Thanks for all the answers. I contactacted McMillan and they were very hesitant to reccomend Doug St Arbor. He's not answering calls or messages. So I believe that's out. LRI says they could do it but they said the stock will need repairs after due to scratches and nicks in the inlet. I'll try to get a hold of Baer in PA next

Thanks for all the answers. I contactacted McMillan and they were very hesitant to reccomend Doug St Arbor. He's not answering calls or messages. So I believe that's out.

That's very disappointing but I bet he was simply unprepared for the onslaught of business when McMillan quit inletting. It's one thing to say you are capable of the task but quite another when you get overwhelmed with the volume of stocks needing inlets. Poor planning (anticipation). The guy is probably working 16 hour days trying see daylight at the end of the tunnel!

Lack of machines, lack of trainable employees, lack of real startup cash. It's tough duty for new startups these days.

I feel bad for him.

If you have not gotten this done contact Travis at TS Customs in Miller, SD 605-870-1567 he inlets all his stocks and does great builds