• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Built Savage 300 Win Mag

Can I get that original one in the original file size? I like pics. I'd like to see original file size close ups of the rifle. Say 3 shots - stock, action/rail/trigger, and barrel.

I am ready to buy my first elk gun and first centerfire rifle ever and was about to buy a .300 RUM or .338 RUM but am having a hard time finding what I want and am comfortable with that's available right now. Since I am a newbie I am looking to compromise with myself to be sensible.

Got em. Phone pics are always a little blurry but I understand you can't beat the convenience.

I'm used to looking at tactical type rifles so the camo color hunting profile stock takes some adjustment, but on paper it looks like a winner, especially for a first real rifle for me to try elk hunting with. With the .300WM I only lose theoretical range compared to a .300RUM or .338RUM. I don't even know how good a shooter I am at longer range.

So, we're talking about a mostly stock 110 Savage long action and everything else is aftermarket, it shoots 1/2 MOA if I do, and it's good for elk hunting in Montana out to 500-600 yds.

Is that a 20MOA rail? Do Picatinny rails even work that way?

For my part I would want/need to add a muzzle brake, rings, scope, bipod, sling, probably a cheekpiece. So, total is actually going to be around $1800 for the build, I'd say.

That's my decision problem. That's the lower end of the spectrum from $1600-$2400 which I consider the sweet spot with long range rifles. Sniper Central will build a semi-custom .338RUM for under $2400 but it takes 6 months, well into or past elk season this year. This one is pretty loaded, but I was thinking 700 in RUM so I need to process it a little and get some 3rd party advice.

Arrgghhh....:)

It's not like there's a bad decision to be made here. It's just figuring out what I want, need, and best bang for the buck.

I'm gonna ponder a few...

Yeah think it over... It really is a great gun and is a super starter longrange gun. Let me know.

I don't think you will want a brake on this gun the recoil is very manageable I have rings for it to. You will probably only need a bipod and scope. You could do an entire package for 1000 yard elk for around $1000.

Just to let you know, the .300RUM won me over. I did a buy it now deal with the online seller and am working out the details today. Thanks again. Yours looks like a great rifle.

Sir,

Looks like a great deal. I have tried to come up with the cash but every time I do something breaks around my place. I have a very similar build that is a one hold gun at 100 yards. Just to make sure, when you say it is complete bedding that means pillar bedding and glass bedding? I know you said you weren't interested in trades, but having had this sit, is there anything you might consider as a partial trade?

It has the action pillar bedded and the front of the stock was hollow which flexed too much with a bipod so I had the front filled with bedding making it solid and free floated. I still don't need any trades at this time I can flex some on the cash....

Target is 2 3 shot groups with a sight adjustment in between

Attachments

• IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 300 target.pdf
    263 KB · Views: 13
How about $675 + shipping!!
Surely somebody wants it for this low price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you a bump, because if I was in the market, this rifle would be sold. It is a great starter caliber, on a great starter action, with nice upgrades. Good luck with the sale!