• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED custom Beretta 20/28 gauge, 2 barrel set

8x68s

These have been offered by Joel Etchen Custom Guns of Pennsylvania for a number of years. (https://www.joeletchenguns.com/etch...on-iii-field-combo-20-28-gauge-28-pistol-grip) I purchased a matched Pigeon III (687), 20/28 gauge, 28" barreled set a number of years ago and they have only been fired for patterning. I am embarrassed to admit that I never got them into the field. This gun needs a real wild fowler to get it out and do it's proper duty. It comes with upgraded wood (Beretta's EELL grade) from the standard Pigeon III's (see pics and website reference). Originally comes with a qty of 5 set of flush chokes for each barrel set. Somewhere along the way, I have modified my choke sets to include:
20 gauge
Briley IM, IC, and 3x SK extended chokes
Beretta M, & 2x IC flush fit chokes
28 gauge:
Briley IM, IC & SK extended chokes
Briley/Beretta 2x M& 2x IC flush chokes
Also included are snap caps for each gauge and an aftermarket Beretta wood and canvas carry case.
From the reference to the website you can see that these sets are selling for $4350. I am offering my used set pictured for $3500 (firm price) shipped to your FFL. Payment by US Postal Service Money Order only. No trades. PM me here if interested or have questions.
EDIT: I have found some handling marks or safe dings on the stock that I hadn't seen before (see last pic). The picture shows the most significant mark, the others being too small to show up in a photo.

P3130002.JPGP3130004.JPGP3130005.JPGP3130006.JPGP3130007.JPGP3130008.JPGP3150001.JPGP3150002.JPGP3150003.JPG

Last edited:
Joel Etchen is just over an hour drive from me - their inventory is incredible and the photos online simply do not do a lot of their shotguns justice. They are extremely helpful, are very willing to fit you to multiple guns, and allow you to hold and inspect their models to get your "pick of wood".

Questions for ya:
(1) Can you provide picture of the right side of the stock?
(2) Is the stock straight (similar to the "All Around Gun") or a conventional drop (similar to the "Signature Sporter")?

Last edited:
The stock has a small amount of cast-off for a right handed shooter. How much? I have no way to measure but sighting down from the action I can guess at 1/4"-3/8" but probably 1/4". I have added a note to the original advert. I have found some some handling marks or safe dings on the stock that I hadn't seen before (see pic). The last picture shows the most significant mark, the others being too small to show up in a photo.
P3150001.JPGP3150002.JPGP3150003.JPG

lol, I had to pick the wrong one to answer, eh? Yes, the stock drops away at an angle (not in line with the bore) approximately 2" at the heel from the line of the bore. From the reference you sent... conventional drop.

No longer for sale... will try selling at my local trap & skeet club. Thanks for your inquiries.

Last edited: