custom barrel maker in virginia

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by hawkhill, Jan 10, 2014.

1. hawkhill

hawkhill Official LRH Sponsor

Hello LRH community, this is my first post ever on a forum. Some friends told me I needed to get into the computer age so here it goes. I live in Va and used to build custom cabinetry, I started building guns and knives in the early 90s as a hobby, when I hurt my back in 08 I needed to get out of cabinets and started looking for a way to go fulltime with my hobby. I bought my barrel making equipment in 2010 and went to work rebuilding them to make benchrest quality cut rifle barrels and having succeeded is what I now do. I have teamed up with another friend and we now offer muzzle brakes, bolt knobs, and suppressors all made in house. I enjoy hunting, shooting anything, sniper competitions and my shop friends and family. Look forward to getting to know fellow long range shooters. Take care Shawn

www.hawkhillcustom.com

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

Do you have a web page or details on your barrels? The barrel supply is short all around so people are always looking.

3. hawkhill

4. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

Please read the site rules on promoting your business. You must be a paid sponsor to do so. You can contact the admin on the site to find out the details on becoming a sponsor.

5. hawkhill

Joel I am sure you saw the site sponsor tag below my name right after you posted, anyway I see you are from Harrisburg, I did the big sports show there with a booth a couple years ago, lost my voice by day 2,lots of people but I enjoyed it. I see you are a sponsor also, what do you all do?

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your new endeavor. Cheers!

Ed

7. hawkhill

Thanks ED, I was supposed to hunt out your way around Great Falls this year but I drew tags for Utah and Wyoming and had to go there instead but we are going to be to trying for MT this year. I cant wait, a buddy of mine who started as a client has hunted that area for years and has told me good things about it. Thanks again

8. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Welcome! I had spoke to you at the Harrisburg Sportsman Show in 2012! As I recall, very nice rifles! Best of luck!

9. Joel Russo

My apologies to you sir, i did not see it when I posted. Welcome aboard. Did the Harrisburg show for about 20 years booking big game hunts. Now doing custom stocks and actions.

10. hawkhill

heck yeah, what kind of stocks do you make? do you have a website?

11. hawkhill

Thanks for the welcome, I met a lot of good folks there, I also have shot the Reade Range sniper match several times because of that show and from there shot in the Mason Dixon Challenge in New Holland.

12. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Planning to make any Savage pre-fit barrels in the future?

13. Joel Russo

Russoriflestocks.com

14. hawkhill

Barrelnut I can make you a savage barrel anytime as long as I have the reamer. I don't know if I will ever make any for inventory though. let me know what your looking for and I can give you a timeframe. Thanks