• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 6.5-06 Bolt Action for sale

Miller1

I'm regrettably trying to sell my fully custom 6.5-06 Tactical Rifle. I may decide to keep it but for now I am going to try and sell it. It is one of the most accurate rifles I've ever shot. It is a $4500 build rifle and this is the exact same build rifle that was reviewed in the magazine Tactical Rifles review 6.5-06 M40 Dream Bolt. No it is not the same exact rifle in the article but it the same look and the same build to the T! It will put 5 140 grain Berger VLDs in the same hole at 100 yards! The barrel is 22", Jewel trigger, McMillan stock, heavy trigger guard and bottom metal. Pinned 20 moa rail, fluted bolt with m16 extractor. I'm including 2 boxes of loaded ammo, 150+ pieces of brass formed from 30/06 cases, and 2 sets of competition die sets worth $300+. Scope and rings are not included. Asking $2800.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 5
The trigger can go down under 2lbs and is very crisp. I have several 6.5 mm rifles, from 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5-284 Norma, 260 Rem among other calibers. They are all custom and all shoot as good as the man behind the trigger. This was my second fully custom rifle and I have not put more than 150 rounds through it. Yes it is a odd caliber but you can find several companies that manufacture ammunition for this rifle plus I have the die sets to reload and resize the brass.

I don't know how much the rifle weighs but I'm about to take the scope off and I will post the overall weight later tonight. The gun was made by Tactical Rifles in Zephyrhills, Florida. I have only shot the rifle out to 450 yards and I only shot a 3 round group. I was basically shooting off the front porch of my farm house and I was sitting in a folding chair with the rifle rested on a bipod and a rear bag. I just had a few 1x8 pieces of lumber screwed together as a platform. The group was a little more than 2" at 450 yards, with a wind gusting up to 10-15 mph but not constant. 140 grain Berger hunting VLDs. Copper Creek loaded that box of ammo and the muzzle velocity is around 2950.

The die sets are Redding Competition Dies. I don't know the difference but I know that they aren't cheap.