• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom 300 WinMag "Blood Red"

I went 1:9. It may be considered on the low end but most of our hunting is at 1400' elv. And 1:10 was a hair on the high end according to Berger's twist calculator. Other than lightweight varmint bullets I have never heard of really "over twist". This may be disputed by other more experienced shooters. But up to a Grr, I have seen zero negative effects.
What grain ammo did it like being a 1/9 twist? Or what grain did you go with?

What grain ammo did it like being a 1/9 twist? Or what grain did you go with?
I do have and still have a decent stock of the Berger 215 Hybrid so I went with it. Needless to say I love the performance and didn't need to try anything else. With 26" barrel and a can on the end Velocity Validations at 500yds prove the 3060fps at 2000' elv.

I have 2 mags. The first one is a Generation 1 PRC mag. I had to do some filing on it to make it feed smooth. The new one is Generation 2 "Magnum" magazine. It has factory chamfers on it and feeds even better. Both are easy now.

I have 2 mags. The first one is a Generation 1 PRC mag. I had to do some filing on it to make it feed smooth. The new one is Generation 2 "Magnum" magazine. It has factory chamfers on it and feeds even better. Both are easy now.
I second what Goldy300 says.
I have the second generation "Magnum" magazines with my 300wm. The rounds chamber with ease.