Curious about butt pads.

C-130 Dude

No. Not that butt pad. 🤪 The one on your guns.

What are you guys using? The one that came with the gun? If not, what did you replace it with? Why?

What works best for you?

What are you guys using? The one that came with the gun? If not, what did you replace it with? Why?

What works best for you?
Rob:
Depends on the recoil and what you want.
When I put a recoil pad on a rifle it would be a "Pachmayr".
I use them because they give good recoil reduction. Also the material of the Pachmayr is easy to work with when doing a custom fit to the stock.
I owe you a call back tomorrow.
Len

What works best for you?

It depends on the rifle.

Cheaper factory rifles only use the least expensive pads for their price point. Sometimes they get a bargain price from the suppliers...

Upper echelon rifles will sometimes use a better recoil pad in order to appease those looking for better parts at the higher price.

Custom rifles, you get what you want and expect to pay for it.

I have been using LimbSaver since they were released. The exceptions will be those light varmint or light target rifles.

I have a drawer full of KICK-EEZ and Pachmayr pads which get used when requested.

I have made 'custom' recoil pads for ultralight builds out of special materials to save weight and even used 'gel' pads.

Enjoy the search!

:)

It depends on the rifle.

Cheaper factory rifles only use the least expensive pads for their price point. Sometimes they get a bargain price from the suppliers...

Upper echelon rifles will sometimes use a better recoil pad in order to appease those looking for better parts at the higher price.

Custom rifles, you get what you want and expect to pay for it.

I have been using LimbSaver since they were released. The exceptions will be those light varmint or light target rifles.

I have a drawer full of KICK-EEZ and Pachmayr pads which get used when requested.

I have made 'custom' recoil pads for ultralight builds out of special materials to save weight and even used 'gel' pads.

Enjoy the search!

:)
I use Limbsavers on my AR guns. Curious what folks are using on bolt guns. Thanks for the input.

What works best for you?
I was hesitant to click on this one for fear of seeing a picture of Kim Kardashian backside. I like the Pachmayr pads that are on two of my rifles, but I think it comes down to personal preference.

My preference is a Pachmayr D752 Decelerator. A few recent ones…

IMG_2069.jpeg

IMG_8831.jpeg

I have been starting to appreciate the Pachmayr decelerators more and more as time goes on. Even the half inch version that Manners has been offering on their light weight hunting options have been great at handling moderate recoil calibers like 300WSM and 7PRC.

I do like Limbsaver as well, and think that they may have an edge in straight recoil reduction. I do find them to be stickier/squishier which can be a bit annoying in the field. Their plethora of offerings is great if you want to add one to a Magpul stock or get the slip on ones for old C&R type rifles that have metal butt plates that you don't want to modify.

I have been starting to appreciate the Pachmayr decelerators more and more as time goes on. Even the half inch version that Manners has been offering on their light weight hunting options have been great at handling moderate recoil calibers like 300WSM and 7PRC.

I do like Limbsaver as well, and think that they may have an edge in straight recoil reduction. I do find them to be stickier/squishier which can be a bit annoying in the field. Their plethora of offerings is great if you want to add one to a Magpul stock or get the slip on ones for old C&R type rifles that have metal butt plates that you don't want to modify.
I used one of those slip on one's on a very old 10ga goose gun I had back in the early 70's. Thanks for the input.

My first rifle ever was one of those $100 M91/30's from Big 5. Probably would not have pursued shooting sports if I didn't put that Limbsaver on there lol.
I think, (that's a laugh), I got my old 10ga at Coast to Coast hardware store back in 1971 or so. Can't remember the make or model. All I remember is it did the job, started earthquakes, shattered ears, and kicked like a mule. Many a honker went home with me from its use.

Has anyone tried the one that the Backfire TV guy makes? It's called the Backstop. Interesting concept. The pad is tuned to your rifle type, weight and cartridge.

Recent Posts