Credit Card Processing Company Rejects Firearms Industry

LiveEye

This article is posted on the National Shooting Sport's Foundation's

January 7, 2007

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

Seems like I read something a few years back about citi-group being anti-gun. I think It was on the "black list" anti-gun buisness. Anyhow, My 401K plan at work is through CITI-Group. I have no choice on the deal, because my company has a good match program.

So I just thought I would say, they would be really angry with me if they knew I took out a loan 3 months ago out of my 401k to build a GUN!!! Thanks Citi-group for helping me build my gun!

Citicorp Refuses to Process Firearms Transactions

Yep I just found out today and have to change my credit card account before 1/28 which is their deadline.

Kind of scarry in a world that is getting away from cash transations when a company can prevent me from legally purchasing a rifle.

A toll free number to voice your opinion is 888-766-2484. This is the 24 hour customer service number on the back of my Credit card that I called to confirm the problem I was having.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.