Coyote vs 22-250 AI

waspocrew

Here's the video of a coyote I shot during the rifle deer hunt in Wyoming last season. Prior to this, I had only run into coyotes that we had scared off. I noticed he and a buddy creeping through the sage while we were looking over some antelope in one of our fields. We must have ranged behind him as my first shot was just over his back. When he crested the hill, I figured he was about to bolt, so figured it was "now or never". Kept the same correction and the follow up was right on (600 yards).

88 gr ELDM
40.3 gr RL 23
Avg MV of 3150 (22" barrel)

Here's the video of a coyote I shot during the rifle deer hunt in Wyoming last season. Prior to this, I had only run into coyotes that we had scared off. I noticed he and a buddy creeping through the sage while we were looking over some antelope in one of our fields. We must have ranged behind him as my first shot was just over his back. When he crested the hill, I figured he was about to bolt, so figured it was "now or never". Kept the same correction and the follow up was right on (600 yards).

88 gr ELDM
40.3 gr RL 23
Avg MV of 3150 (22" barrel)

Definitely a nice shot , 👍.

Nice shooting!

Looks like you spined him, how badly did the bullet tear him up at that range?

I've been shooting the 85.5 Berg out of my 22/250 Ack (Montana with a 23" Lilja)

Nice shooting!

Looks like you spined him, how badly did the bullet tear him up at that range?

I've been shooting the 85.5 Berg out of my 22/250 Ack (Montana with a 23" Lilja)

He was definitely hurting, bullet hit him square in the upper chest and passed through. Maybe about a quarter sized exit wound. I skinned him out and spine was still intact so not sure if the shock just took his legs out.

Those bergers should do the trick! I've got a pile of them ready to go once I run out of ELDMs.

He was definitely hurting, bullet hit him square in the upper chest and passed through. Maybe about a quarter sized exit wound. I skinned him out and spine was still intact so not sure if the shock just took his legs out.

Those bergers should do the trick! I've got a pile of them ready to go once I run out of ELDMs.
It must have shocked his spine. Nice follow up shot!

Those eld m bullets are just awesome in my opinion. The big fear with "target" bullets is that they won't open as they're not explicitly designed to expand and can't be relied upon to tumble every time. There's pretty much no chance of "pencilling" with the eld m or Sierra tmk. Love the 225 eld m in my .300 win. Not the same thing at all haha but the sure do open up and kill.

Awesome shot!!! Great wind call on both shots! I use 75gr ELDM in 223AI at 3120 thru 8 twist 22" barrel. This is my dedicated coyote rifle and all of that sits under a Trijicon MKIII 60mm. Drops 'em good!!!