Coyote vs 22-250 AI

Those eld m bullets are just awesome in my opinion. The big fear with "target" bullets is that they won't open as they're not explicitly designed to expand and can't be relied upon to tumble every time. There's pretty much no chance of "pencilling" with the eld m or Sierra tmk. Love the 225 eld m in my .300 win. Not the same thing at all haha but the sure do open up and kill.

I'm a big fan of the ELDMs. They shoot great and have performed well for me. I shot a mule deer buck the next morning with the same load at 315 yards. It tipped him over within 15-20 seconds.

My 22-250 is a great shooter and I am torn about rebarreling from the 1:10 twist to a 1:8 with AI to shoot heavier bullets. The gun groups great with 55s. I have other rifles that shoot heavier bullets but everyone seems to love their fast twist 22-250s. It's only money.

My 22-250 is a great shooter and I am torn about rebarreling from the 1:10 twist to a 1:8 with AI to shoot heavier bullets. The gun groups great with 55s. I have other rifles that shoot heavier bullets but everyone seems to love their fast twist 22-250s. It's only money.

Split the difference and go 1:9! haha

There's definitely something awesome about a fast twist .22 cal!

So, in my ARs I have 7,8 and 9 twists and shoot all the way to 78 grain bullets depending on the rifle. 69 Sierras group very well in 7 and 8s.
If I would like to run 69s in my 22-250, is 8 or 9 the best rate? What do you all think?

So, in my ARs I have 7,8 and 9 twists and shoot all the way to 78 grain bullets depending on the rifle. 69 Sierras group very well in 7 and 8s.
If I would like to run 69s in my 22-250, is 8 or 9 the best rate? What do you all think?

I'd probably just say to go 1:8 and it will give you plenty of room to work with should you decide to shoot heavier bullets or monolithic bullets.