coyote scope

callmaster64

I got a new calling rifle for coyotes its a dpms 24 bull. Im still looking for some glass for it I keep changing my mind on what I want. To all you Im open for suggestions. Im not wanting to break the bank would like to stay under 300. But I would like something that is gonna be easy to get on target and maybe even a running shot from time to time you know how coyotes are. Hunting will be for both night and day and 300 yds would be the limit on shots. Help me out please.

I got a new calling rifle for coyotes its a dpms 24 bull. Im still looking for some glass for it I keep changing my mind on what I want. To all you Im open for suggestions. Im not wanting to break the bank would like to stay under 300. But I would like something that is gonna be easy to get on target and maybe even a running shot from time to time you know how coyotes are. Hunting will be for both night and day and 300 yds would be the limit on shots. Help me out please.

Im gonna get beat up for this but here we go. I recently bought a BSA 4-16x42 Mil-Dot scope with parralux adj-to 300yds thats is absolutely fantastic on my AR varmit. Also shot it on my DPMS LR .308 with identical results. It was an impulse buy but for what it does I am not ashamed to admit it. $150 with 4" sunshade. Has screw on caps though. Had to lose those. Check it out on Amazon.

Jimbo

Thanks Jim for everything and I mean everything the 27 yrs of service. Im not particular on the scopes thats why I asked on here to get some ideas. Im slowly going through them here and there pickin em up lookin through them and what not. I stood at bass pro today to look through a few but after standing there and hour with no help i had to leave. I will check the scope out thanks for the info. Ray

I know it is a little bit more then u want to spend but I recently bought a RRA Predator for my 14yo daughter to use coyote hunting with me. I bought a Vortex Viper 6.5X20X44 with Burris PERP mount and they are both FANTASTIC. Optics planet has the scope on sale right now for 4 bills. It only hurts once :)

Just my 2 cents

Jimbo I will not bust your balls because I have that same scope from when I started in long range to see if I would like it no complaints for the price. That being said it has some issues.
Now as for scopes should have to recommend the Nikon p-223. I have this scope on one of my ars and it is exactly what you are looking for. I love mine also you can save a few bucks and use p scope mounts they are really nice.

AGree for sure. I have a Nikon P-223 and .308. Freat optics for the price and spot on. I prefer the SS10x42 though for best bang for the buck.

Jimbo

Thanks Jim for everything and I mean everything the 27 yrs of service. Im not particular on the scopes thats why I asked on here to get some ideas. Im slowly going through them here and there pickin em up lookin through them and what not. I stood at bass pro today to look through a few but after standing there and hour with no help i had to leave. I will check the scope out thanks for the info. Ray

I despise going to Bass Pro. Customer service stinks near my house. Online is GTG. Did you find one you liked yet?

Millett makes some good scopes mine is a millett DMS-1 with lighted reticle designed for fast target acquisition from 3 to 400 yards. It is a little more money but is small and easy to use.

I had a Leupold 3-9x40mm on my Colt LE6920 M4 and changed it for a Bushnell AR/223 scope with a 4.5-18x40mm zoom. It is a great scope and just as clear or clearer then my Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope. I can't tell the difference between 3 power and 4.5 power, but at 18 power it is no contest when you want enough power to see your bullet holes in your target at 100 yds. This is the best price I have found.

BUSHNELL 4.5-18X40 BDC RETICLE TARGET AR-SCOPE | Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

Joseph

PS: After I get my drop chart made I'll order these stick on custom turrets:

http://customturretsystems.com

Attachments

• M4 Complete .JPG
    M4 Complete .JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 88
  • M4 complete 1 .JPG
    M4 complete 1 .JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 82
  • M4 complete3 .jpg
    M4 complete3 .jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 106
This is my Millett DMS-1 on a YHA upper with competition diamond fluted barrel, Stag lower with YHA adjustable stock and competition trigger. :D

24292_4811179032448_781514439_n.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.