Cover scent for Antelope blind with swirling wind

wildcat westerner

Hello,
A unique opportunity has come my way. A chance to hunt a ranch at 8,400 feet in the Rockies which has Antelope on it. I will be bowhunting in a blind. In the two times I have been here I have noted this is a bowl shaped area and real winds blow here!
its been decades since I have bowhunted, yet today I saw a buck larger than either of my 16 inchers. It is the winds that seem to be a potential problem. They swirl in this elevated area.
What type of scent can I use to cover the blind and my scent especially for a protracted period, as from before sun up till after sundown?
I woud appreciate experienced and knowledgable help in this challenge, not so much opinion, as this is a very special opportunity for me.
Thanks, in advance
WW

How about just wash your clothes with a scent free soap and don't stink. Antelope don't have a great sniffer like deer and elk. Their eyesight on the other hand is exceptional.

For Coyotes and Deer, I use Scent Killer products they seem to work on both quite well I can't see why it wouldn't on Turbo Goat's.

Sorry, I didn't clarify, but zero scent is not a product. I was merely saying the absence of scent, is better than a cover scent.

But, maybe we could get a scent neutralizing product, trademark the name and start marketing?????

Hello,
A unique opportunity has come my way. A chance to hunt a ranch at 8,400 feet in the Rockies which has Antelope on it. I will be bowhunting in a blind. In the two times I have been here I have noted this is a bowl shaped area and real winds blow here!
its been decades since I have bowhunted, yet today I saw a buck larger than either of my 16 inchers. It is the winds that seem to be a potential problem. They swirl in this elevated area.
What type of scent can I use to cover the blind and my scent especially for a protracted period, as from before sun up till after sundown?
I woud appreciate experienced and knowledgable help in this challenge, not so much opinion, as this is a very special opportunity for me.
Thanks, in advance
WW
I hunt an area of Wyoming close to Belle Fourche,SD. Pretty High plains/Prairie & yet very close to the "Black Hills" Winds & weather change very rapid. On an opening day Hunt 1994 0r 5. It was 96 degrees at 11:45am and by 5pm it was 5 degrees with wind chill factor. Wind can be a problem! On every occasion without exception, when I used fox urine cover sent, my hunt was successful. Over the years I've taken about 45 antelope out of this place, with shots from 75yards out to 1060. Fox urine is a very good cover. My.02 cents

Antelope like coyotes, skunk and fox? I am in no way saying these haven't worked. That said, a cover scent, is still a scent. Whatever game you are pursuing, they know you're there. The best scent to have, is no scent at all. Anything beyond fresh cut cedars boughs, sage brush, or whatever natural vegetative scent you have in your immediate hunting vicinity, is unnecessary.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.