Could use a little help figuring out witch scope to buy

thanman

Hello everyone I have been a member here for 4 or 5 years I don't post very often but I could use a little help to make a decision on what scope I should buy. I am going to put the scope on a Remington 700 In 223 Remington with a heavy barrel. I am intending to use the rifle as a training rifle to shoot out to 500 yards max, and possibly hunt some Coyotes with it. I have been looking at a couple of different models and am kinda stuck, I am not looking to spend a lot of $ so I have looking at older models that the prices are reduced. The 1st one is the Bushnell tac optics Lrs G2 FFL 6-24x50 for $575, the next one is the Burris Verasity 4-20x50 ballistic E1 FFp varmint reticle tall capped knobs $559. There is also one of the Athlon models that is around the same price with ruffly the same features that I was considering the Helos Btr, the Athlon Midus tac seems nice but they are going for a bit more $. The Bushnell tac optics is that scope in any comparison with the Tactical elite scopes that I guess Bushnell stop making? I would appreciate any help with why I should or should not purchase one of the above mentioned, I am also up for any suggestions that anyone may have for other scopes around the same price range with similar features. Thank you!

Hello everyone I have been a member here for 4 or 5 years I don't post very often but I could use a little help to make a decision on what scope I should buy. I am going to put the scope on a Remington 700 In 223 Remington with a heavy barrel. I am intending to use the rifle as a training rifle to shoot out to 500 yards max, and possibly hunt some Coyotes with it. I have been looking at a couple of different models and am kinda stuck, I am not looking to spend a lot of $ so I have looking at older models that the prices are reduced. The 1st one is the Bushnell tac optics Lrs G2 FFL 6-24x50 for $575, the next one is the Burris Verasity 4-20x50 ballistic E1 FFp varmint reticle tall capped knobs $559. There is also one of the Athlon models that is around the same price with ruffly the same features that I was considering the Helos Btr, the Athlon Midus tac seems nice but they are going for a bit more $. The Bushnell tac optics is that scope in any comparison with the Tactical elite scopes that I guess Bushnell stop making? I would appreciate any help with why I should or should not purchase one of the above mentioned, I am also up for any suggestions that anyone may have for other scopes around the same price range with similar features. Thank you!

A few thoughts. suggest 22/250 or 220 swift?
nikon makes a nice limited tactical for 223 bdc reticle. My rec on scope would be $ 599 for Sig Kilo! Sierra has great 22 cal Game King bullet. My AR shoots them at over 3000 fps, Varget powder, and have shot it out to 600 yards so far and dead on! I think youd get more bang fir the buck with above two referenced calibers. Just my 2 cents worth for fun varmit hunting. .223 pretty cheap ammo unless Democrat is running the country.

With the uptions given I would lean toward the Burris Veracity. I own that exact scope and it works perfectly. It is a heavy scope but the glass and good turrets make up for the weight. The zero stop is very solid as well. That would be my choice any way hope this helps some.

Vortex diamondback tactical 4-12 if I was only shooting 500 yards. $250

I Put one on an old tikka and shoot steel @1000 with it. Was pleasantly surprised.

The sfwa ss 6x or 10x scopes are great for a little more $ but they are bigger scopes.

The burris scopes mentioned are a good idea as well.

Thank you everyone for your feed back I am still looking at different scopes there is so many to choose from I found another scope that fits what I am looking for it's the Sig Sauer Tango (4) 4-16x44 anyone have any experience with one. That is a good point about Nikon no longer producing rifle scopes, if someone purchases one of there close out scopes what will happen as far as the warranty.

Thank you everyone for your feed back I am still looking at different scopes there is so many to choose from I found another scope that fits what I am looking for it's the Sig Sauer Tango (4) 4-16x44 anyone have any experience with one. That is a good point about Nikon no longer producing rifle scopes, if someone purchases one of there close out scopes what will happen as far as the warranty.

Nikon will not repair any of their scopes. They are out of the scope business.

I've got one of those sig tango 4 scopes that you are asking about, and they are really impressive for the money. They have all of the features you could want, and the glass is way better than it should be for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.