Could someone school me on palm pilot ballistic program doodads ?

ol mike

I looked at some online ballistics today and having a cheat-sheet w/ all that on it would a big sheet.

I realize more and more the windage takes alot of work and the high bc -vld style bullets cut the windage adjustment nearly in half.

How complex are the palm pilot's ?

What all do you punch into them ? weather altitude etc.?

I guess you buy a palm then upload software ?

Do you need a little weather station w/ them ?

So can somebody tell me /us about them and where to get them? --> if it pertains to dell computer =don't bother telling me!

Thanks -Mike

I got my palm from radio shack, and exbal from perry online.
You put all but your current atmosperic conditions in before hand and it saves them, you still need a way to read current conditions, temp, humidity, bar pres and alt. in some form or another. its not diffacult once you play with them a bit.
JS
here's a link to perry systems, the makers of exbal, they have a tutorial of sorts online http://www.perry-systems.com/

I googled and have already read about the perry software etc. was kind of wondering if the people who bought them feel they are great or so-so.
Thanks for the help though.

Palm........Exbal.........Kestrel........good glass......Never go shooting or hunting without them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.