Cooper 92 Backcountry love

Oh boy now I have to be honest. It actually shot the 181 hammer bullets quite well. When I say quite well, I only shot 5 or 6 rounds through it. Was well under an inch but the part that hurts to admit is that it wasn't pleasant to shoot for me. In my old age guess I'm not very tough. So I never continued to work with the hammer bullets. I went to a lighter bullet. The 168 berger which it shot great. And the recoil was acceptable to me. Not much help in answering your question, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.😅

Not hard to admit with that rifle.I have had great luck on everything I have shot with the 168 bergers but that rifle is heavy so looking for less weight.Did you try any lighter hammers?
Thanks

No I haven't tried any of the hammer bullets except the 181. Having a 7mm wsm built. It's should come in a little under the 6 lbs. Am considering trying some hammers in it. When I order them (if I can get them) was going to get some lighter grain 30 caliber bullets. I do like the hammer bullets, have another 300 wm that weighs just over 8 lbs and they shoot great in it and seem to work very well on game.The other thing I have been considering with the Cooper 92. While taking to the gun smith I have been using, I mentioned that I just wasn't man enough anymore to shoot that light of a rifle with 180 plus grain bullets. His remark was the stocks on those rifles are part of the reason they kicked. So was thinking about changing it out and see.

Man, I want one of these so bad. I have a Jackson Hunter in 30-06 and love it to whitetail hunt with. Handled a backcountry at Scheels and fell in love instantly. I'm half tempted to empty the safe for one and I've already got 3 Remington mountain rifles in there. 30-06, 243 and 25-06. Hmmmmmmmm

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts