Looking at a weatherby backcountry

pjosh6

I'm looking at getting a backcountry either in a 270 or 30-06 for backpacking for elk hunt. . Any ideas on it? Reviews? It looks like a solid rifle...seem kinda hard to find them also.. could be a good thing or bad. ..let me know what you think. .

Josh, your local gun shop should be able to order it for you. 30-06 sounds good for elk, ammo and reloading components are plentiful and reasonable in price. You can shoot a huge variety of bullets through it also. Good luck

that does look like a sweet rifle, for that much i would think it would be a little lighter, but still a good looking package.

Got one in 6.5 RPM for a "round" birthday. Had it shipped from a Sportsman's Warehouse in Oregon into Cheyenne when Sportsman's wasn't transferring arms store to store. I put a 140 gr SGK thru this cow's lungs in early September. Load work-up was swift and painless. A joy to carry and a joy to shoot. Worth every penny.

Attachments

• 20210905_061116.jpg
    20210905_061116.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Every one I've handled had a very sticky bolt. They remind me of the Remington 770. Perhaps the four I've messed with were the exception. But if a bolt is lifted and the gun is held vertical, I expect the bolt to slide, not stay in the same spot.

Recent Posts