Controling lightweight magnum rifles

I'd like to tag in here with a question. I've never used a bipod, but recently purchase a harris bipod. Installed it on my rifle and went out to shoot it. Now I'd shot this rifle 30 to 40 times before installing the bipod and the majority of the shooting was done with caldwell lead sled. No weight on the lead sled. I have not done any load development with this rifle was just shooting ammo that I had on hand. The rifle was shooting sub moa with any type of ammo I was using. I installed the bipod and went out to shoot. I did not use the bipod I was still shooting off the lead sled. Was still shooting the same ammo as before, but my groups opened up to approx. 2 inches. Check everything to ensure it was torqued right and it was. Got discouraged and went home. My wife always goes with me and on the way home she reminded me that it was the first time I'd shot that rifle after putting the bipod on it. So my question is, could the bipod effect the way this rifle shot even though I wasn't using it and it wasn't touching anythnig on the lead sled?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.