Conflicting DOPE

jb1023

Not sure what to make of this. Could be a case of not knowing how to properly read a ballistics app. Or a case of garbage in garbage out. Or...

I have a 308 w/20" heavy barrel and I am shooting the A-Max 178 with a vel of 2552. My scope is a Vortex Diamondback in MOA/MOA and I have a 20MOA base. The scope is zero'd at 100.
My location details are:
5542' - shooting elevation
5610' - target elevation
24.5 inHG
48* w/7-12MPH wind @ 11:00

I put my info into Ballistic AE and it tells me for a shot on the 488 yd silhouette I need 47.2 U and 8.9 L.

My problem is when I look at JBM for a similar, not exact, shot it tells me 11.7 U and 3.5 L.

What am I missing? I'm sure it is me and I am simply not doing something right. I know once somebody answers I'm going to be rather embarrassed that I posted thislightbulb :rolleyes:

Edit: If 47.2 MOA is correct for a <500 yd shot then my scopes max is going to be <600 as it stops at 50.x MOA

This is what I am seeing on the app.

Attachments

• IMG_1377_cleaned.jpg
    IMG_1377_cleaned.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 16
AB isn't having good luck running on and iOS machine.

I can't use it at all on my iPhone 6.

Shooter is still true and waiting for Doc and the boys to get in sync with later iOS versions.

47clicks up is 11.75moa
So it looks like this was my issue. In the HUD it just says MOA but in Trajectory it does say, in small parenthesis, MOA Click.

See, I knew I was going to end up regretting asking this question rather than finishing my independent inquiry first. Just seemed too obvious but having never gone out that far I just was not sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.