Concentricity gage

I am getting into long range shooting. I have a 338 lapua. What concentricity gages are you guys running. Pros cons
8EECB269-5F7D-490E-8F54-CFE35A7C6E6C.jpeg

As with most tools there are better available, but this one works for me .you just need to use it to identify any problems in your reloading process don't get obsessed trying to achieve zero run out just keep it as low as possible

I am getting into long range shooting. I have a 338 lapua. What concentricity gages are you guys running. Pros cons
I have the 21st Century Gauge, mainly I like that it uses a test indicator and not a dial:

But honestly, IMO unless you have a lot of other things taken care of already save the money and spend it on something else. Not sure what other tools you're using (so feel free to tell me you've got it covered, I know unbidden advice is worth what you pay for it), but when using good brass and good dies I don't typically ever see any runout worth worrying about.

Things I would rank above concentricity gauge are a top-end sizing die, SAC headspace comparator, and a pair of mics - ball anvil and outside.

$270 for 100 Lapua cases hurts, but those would be more important than a tool to measure runout if you're using brass that you didn't pull new out of the box.

I have the 21st Century Gauge, mainly I like that it uses a test indicator and not a dial:

But honestly, IMO unless you have a lot of other things taken care of already save the money and spend it on something else. Not sure what other tools you're using (so feel free to tell me you've got it covered, I know unbidden advice is worth what you pay for it), but when using good brass and good dies I don't typically ever see any runout worth worrying about.

Things I would rank above concentricity gauge are a top-end sizing die, SAC headspace comparator, and a pair of mics - ball anvil and outside.

$270 for 100 Lapua cases hurts, but those would be more important than a tool to measure runout if you're using brass that you didn't pull new out of the box.
I learned long ago with my 308 lapua brass is best. I have so far 100 once fired not by me lapua brass. My dies are hornady match and I have a .365 neck sizer in it. I got all the mics and calibers one needs. I have just a hornady head space comparator

I learned long ago with my 308 lapua brass is best. I have so far 100 once fired not by me lapua brass. My dies are hornady match and I have a .365 neck sizer in it. I got all the mics and calibers one needs. I have just a hornady head space comparator
Sounds good 👍 I also use a Hornady set up for my 338 LM. Dies are mic seater, standard FL, and bushing FL, and I have the Hornady comparator for headspace. I will say that they do work, starting with the Lapua brass is a big deal IMO, went much much better than when I used Hornady brass. I haven't upgraded my sizing die yet, but did change to a bullet seater for my arbor press and that helped out some with what runout I was getting at the bullet tip. Probably wasn't enough to make any difference at all, but seating on an arbor press is IMO better all around than on a big press.

The 21st Century sled gauge I linked you to is very nice. I could tell a difference between a test indicator riding on the neck and a dial indicator pushing down on the neck. No mandrel so works with all cases, v-block rollers, tail stop, and can be configured to do inside and outside neck, loaded neck, and body.

I was very close to getting the Accuracy One model, but I was ordering other things from 21st Century and got theirs. These two are the best I know of.

I have one suggestion regarding all concentricity gauges, buy a machinists pin and calibrate the gauge, you might be very surprised at your results and how much run out the gauge itself has.

@QuietTexan I was actually thinking of building one now that I been looking at them all day. I could use either drop indicator or the dial indicator since I have them. And actually went and picked up some bearings today after work.
Not a bad idea, really the only three parts that you need are v-blocks (with rollers if you want to be fancy), a tail stop, and a way to hold the indicator.