CONCENTRICITY GAGE ?? Reloading for 1000 yards and beyond

Try a 10-shot group without the magazine installed.

Detachable box magazines don't all fit the action parts with the same contact and tension. When M14NM were first used, top competitors found that they had to use two magazines that made bullets shoot to the same point of impact for 10-shot rapid fire strings; one with the first two rounds and the other with the last eight. Otherwise,a 1/2 to 1 MOA error happened between two of them. Then find another magazine that held its position relative to the action exactly the same for each shot for slow fire at long range.

I doubt yours is any different. If it is, that's great.

I shoot a bolt action with what Ive always know to be a trap door . I may have explained it wrong or I dont understand ?

Thanks

I shoot a bolt action with what Ive always know to be a trap door . I may have explained it wrong or I dont understand ?
Post a picture of your extended magazine in your rifle. Tried to find your pictures in the "long range hunting shooting" section but couldn't.

By detachable (as mentioned in Wyatt's web site for his magazines), do you remove the magazine, load in more rounds then push it back into the bottom of the action?

By "trap door," are you referring to the hinged plate in front of the trigger guard that swings down one its latch is depressed? If so, that's more commonly called a "hinged floor plate."

a guy can't have tooooo many gadgets gathering dust, I have one i use as a paper weight after using it for a while. If your rounds are "that far" out, you can see it by just rolling across bench.

Post a picture of your extended magazine in your rifle. Tried to find your pictures in the "long range hunting shooting" section but couldn't.

By detachable (as mentioned in Wyatt's web site for his magazines), do you remove the magazine, load in more rounds then push it back into the bottom of the action?

By "trap door," are you referring to the hinged plate in front of the trigger guard that swings down one its latch is depressed? If so, that's more commonly called a "hinged floor plate."

I have the hinged floor plate. Not a detachable . all you have to do to see my threads is just run a search on bigbucks threads and you should be able to see the pics of my rifle and all.

I have the hinged floor plate. Not a detachable . all you have to do to see my threads is just run a search on bigbucks threads and you should be able to see the pics of my rifle and all.
Well, I misread your post. It said a wyatt extended box mag and I asked about a detachable one. Sorry 'bout that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.