Competitive Edge Gunworks bolts for 700

Teh Wicked

Im in the planning stage of building a 338 RUM on my Remington 700. Currently the plan sits as just getting a good barrel, trueing up the action and a few other goodies. Currently the rifle is chambered in 7mm Mag.

Now my plan for the rifle is to install a Stainless matte finish barrel. The action is matte blued, and I would like to have the bolt match the barrel, then installed a badger ordinance bolt handle in the same mattle blued color.

So im looking at these bolts, and was curious if anyone has used them.

Competitive Edge Gunworks Bolt Remington 700 Long Action Magnum Bolt Face With Tactical Handle Fluted Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

$280 for a bolt? Check the Sponsers' Marketplace here on the forum. Snowy Mountain Rifle Works has their custom actions on sale until Sept. 15. I don't know if they are set up for exports, but I'd check before I spent $280 on a bolt that has a few cosmetic up-grades. That "Badger" bolt knob you spoke of is made of aluminum, you won't blue that.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.