Compact Tripod?

There are ball heads and there are ball heads

Yeah I got two of them one cheap one and one really good expensive one which is a hoot, but they are such a pain to level up,

I still have'nt worked out where and when to use them yet, no doubt they will come into their own one day but so far I just have found a situation to use them, Maybe they are best suited to being fitted on a camera tripod then I'll get some use out of it,

John

Yeah I got two of them one cheap one and one really good expensive one which is a hoot, but they are such a pain to level up,

I still have'nt worked out where and when to use them yet, no doubt they will come into their own one day but so far I just have found a situation to use them, Maybe they are best suited to being fitted on a camera tripod then I'll get some use out of it,

John

Yes, HD camera tripod and HD ball head. It does take some getting used to.
A good fluid head might be the ticket for some.

Yes, HD camera tripod and HD ball head. It does take some getting used to.
A good fluid head might be the ticket for some.

Yes you are absolutely spot on there, Fluid heads are just fantastic, I truely believe that they are the ultimate fixture for any tripod, Once you've used one you wont go back to the normal types out there, I find that I would rather not have a camera type tripod if I cant get the right fluid head I want, they make it so easy to adjust and at the range or up in the hills they just glide without that rough jerking from position to position,

Thank for bringing them up, I'd forgotten to mention them, Good Job :D

John

Mildot1960(John),

Do you have a link to the tripod you're talking about in your first post on this thread?

You called it a "micro tilt Tripod"?

Thanks

Mildot1960(John),

Do you have a link to the tripod you're talking about in your first post on this thread?

You called it a "micro tilt Tripod"?

Thanks

Yes Mate sure, and if you want I will order it and send it, please note this the same tripod as mine,

Now there is a biggish thumb wheel (screw) that as you turn it, IT tilts the Scope up or down and its very smooth and it tilts fast or slow deppending how fast you turn it, theres also a centre shaft clamp if you dont tighten it up too much you can Pan left and right and you can adjust the scope height and if you dont do the locking ring up theres also a slidding washer that the moment you let it go it will hold the scope at that height, also there is a head that is on it the you can undo and till it much more quickly then lock it off and use the Micro tilt adjustment,

Ive had this for nearly two weeks now and I keep messing with the thing, Its just Perfect, a mate had one back in Oz in 1993 but I have never managed to find one till now, and to tell you the truth out of all my shooting accessories its become my Favorite piece of Kit,

Blessin's John

It works out at around $38.73c

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I forgot to tell you that theres no Blurry wobbling when you have to adjust your scope, and it is light but very very Ridgid and its all Cast Alloy and has been tested to take 4/5 Kgs about 10lbs in weight

john

ntg, please note that the feet of the tripod are 14" apart and are 8" long from the bolt hole to the end which makes it very stable and you really have to make an effort to knock it over,

John

I'm having a hard time finding the one John linked to in the U.S. I'll have to look some more tonight...

They use to make a smaller one with bushnell compact scopes but they dont make them anymore, I'm gonna order a couple more for my Laser and other gadgets so let me know if you get stuck Ok,

John

ntg, Heres a link to my tripod being used by Tiborasaurus Rex on you tube only thing is he's using it back to front because the elevation knob should be at the back but because hes using a very long spotting scope he has to mount it like it so it is balanced, mine is the one on the left and fast forward to 11 mins 20 seconds and that will put you right on it, Ok

Good luck, John

PS, hell this guy can shot for one so young

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts