Combat Vet new member

Welcome, I think you are the first 5th WO I have heard of. Is that rare? Maybe I have just run across enough of you guys to see a WO.
Boy did you ask the right (LONGWINDED) person!!!
SFWOs used to be rare back in the 90s when we had a shortage across the board in GBs. Since the invasions and 20 years of combat, almost every team has them now (because an ODA (A-Team) is 12 guys and one slot is for the WO1/CW2/3)
An SF WO1 is the Asst Det CDR of an A-Tm. Some (as CW2/3s) go on to Command A-Tms if there is a lack of CPTs. I did but it SUUUUUUCKS because there's no one to share the paperwork with.
A WO1 gets selected thru four command boards (Co, Bn, SFG and Regiment). CSMs take a very active part in selection (because who wants a turd outranking a MSG, SGM or CSM). If the selection process is taken seriously, the applicants are **** hot GB NCOs with 36 months on an A-Team. They then go back to FBNC for almost a year more of leadership and operational planning training @SWCS. Once back on an A-Tm they can stay all the way thru CW3 (6-10 years). More "team time" is what every GB wants. Once my time was up, I think I mourned for an entire year and did EVERYTHING I could to get back out there as an Ops Officer.
IF they turn out to be a turd, it just takes a memo (no boards or Big Army interference) to get them kicked out of the Army. I was a BN warrant and I kept my unit stacked with meateaters - NO desk riding allowed!!!

Semper FI! Thanks for your service. Coming for East GA. Lost of information on reloading. You can run through the archives and ask questions to find answers. I am sure you will get a diveristy of that. Welcome Aboard!
Thanks Devil Dog!!!! Some of the training I was doing included MARSOC until COVID hit.

Boy did you ask the right (LONGWINDED) person!!!
SFWOs used to be rare back in the 90s when we had a shortage across the board in GBs. Since the invasions and 20 years of combat, almost every team has them now (because an ODA (A-Team) is 12 guys and one slot is for the WO1/CW2/3)
An SF WO1 is the Asst Det CDR of an A-Tm. Some (as CW2/3s) go on to Command A-Tms if there is a lack of CPTs. I did but it SUUUUUUCKS because there's no one to share the paperwork with.
A WO1 gets selected thru four command boards (Co, Bn, SFG and Regiment). CSMs take a very active part in selection (because who wants a turd outranking a MSG, SGM or CSM). If the selection process is taken seriously, the applicants are **** hot GB NCOs with 36 months on an A-Team. They then go back to FBNC for almost a year more of leadership and operational planning training @SWCS. Once back on an A-Tm they can stay all the way thru CW3 (6-10 years). More "team time" is what every GB wants. Once my time was up, I think I mourned for an entire year and did EVERYTHING I could to get back out there as an Ops Officer.
IF they turn out to be a turd, it just takes a memo (no boards or Big Army interference) to get them kicked out of the Army. I was a BN warrant and I kept my unit stacked with meateaters - NO desk riding allowed!!!
Thanks for explaining and one again welcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.