colt m2012 clr thoughts

steevo

got to play with a colt m2102 clr rifle that comes in the chassis in 308. seems like a real nice rifle, like the way it looks, bit concerned how the bolt is very hard to lift up when trying to load a round. never touched or played with a cooper rifle before so it may be the normal for it.

reviews I read from the gun mags were decent, most complaints were on the price of the rifle.

anyone on here fired one or played with one?

not to many custom rifle builders up here in Connecticut, so the price point for what you get I think is high but not to bad. my GA Precision rifle seems a lot smoother.

Is the bolt on yours hard to lift up ? Once it's lifted and cycled, the bolt cycles nice and smooth but seems tough to first cycle....

No have not noticed that... I have even carried mine hunting on occasion and it worked great

A stiff bolt is not a good sign.

Is it stiff when cycling unfired rounds too or just when cycling after firing?

If the latter I'd say get a competent gunsmith to give it a good look because you may well have a head space problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.