Colorado 3rd Rifle Strategy

My buddy drew a 3rd season Muley tag for unit 35. I was going to go with to help and buy a over the counter elk tag. Has anyone hunted that unit before, is it worth getting a tag or Just helping my friend on his hunt? Any input is greatly appreciated as I have never hunted there.
upload_2019-10-10_12-40-38.png

Here is unit 35. I haven't hunted this specific area but just due west in the NF on the flattops. I would look for any state or blm land in this area, as it does not have much NF land. From the topo, you can see some structure that may hold elk. good luck

View attachment 152769
Here is unit 35. I haven't hunted this specific area but just due west in the NF on the flattops. I would look for any state or blm land in this area, as it does not have much NF land. From the topo, you can see some structure that may hold elk. good luck
Good enough area, been snowed in there too! Oh dang, we can't get home oh darn, guess will extend the hunt :D:D

Good enough area, been snowed in there too! Oh dang, we can't get home oh darn, guess will extend the hunt :D:D

This is a reality! In that area west I mentioned in the flattops, we experienced weather like I've never seen, starting with about 10min of rain followed by 20min of sleet followed by continuous snow until 18" fell thru the night. Either you scoot or wait it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.