Colorado 2005

Blacktail2

This is my first post on the forum.I have been reading posts and learning alot.Here's some pictures of my hunt in Colorado in 2005,and a buck I took several years ago. ------- Vince

blacktail2,
All I can tell you is that my first thought was "Oh Lord let me have one like that". Congratulations, beautiful animals.

blacktail2:

First of all, welcome to LRH. Second of all, I see at least one more buck laying there. How many more bucks did you have lined up there on the ground. Any more pictures?

Those are some great looking bucks. I like big typicals that have eye guards. That's also a pretty good looking bull. I assume you got the buck and bull both in 2005? Sounds like you had a pretty good trip to Colorado.

ss7MM,
There were three bucks lined up,all taken on the morning hunt.The bull and the buck on the ground were taken by two differant hunters that I guided in 2005.The buck on the wall hangs in my trophy room,and was taken by me.I have guided for Rudy Steele Guides and Outfitters for a number of years. I have lots of pictures from years of hunting and guiding.In 2005 we took a 190 class buck that was in Garth Carters, Huntin'Fool,it was taken by Brian McClatchie.--Vince

Give us the scoop about the hunt on the one on your wall. He's a bruiser.

Takman,
The buck on the wall was taken in Wyoming, near Pinedale on Public land. This was a very good hunt.The area were I hunted is fairly low country,and you need some snow in the high country to push the deer down to make it good.I seen a number of good bucks on this hunt,mostly in the 150-170 class,several larger including the one I took which scores
198 7/8------- Vince

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.