2005 Buck

MMM

it wasn't a long range shot, but i had to take it...it was only 275yrds
it was a neck shot, that's all he gave me; guess i could've jumped in my truck and drove further away but he looked like a good one so i just took him! Can you blame me?!?

HPNX0106.jpg

I shot him in alberta canada with 250 sceners out of 338 lapua,there us a pop can size exit hole.

MMM,

Just got back from your fine country also chasing whitetails. That is one fine buck you harvested. Looks to be in the high 150 to 160 class in score.

Love those dark antlers as well. Congrats on a fine trophy.

Kirby Allen(50)

Very nice buck! I think you have to take those where you can get them whenever you can!

About the 250 grain Scenars, are they good game bullets in your opinion? How many animals have you taken with them and what distances? What were the results? In this buck, how much damage did they cause internally to leave a popcan size exit hole?

Oh, and how fast are you pushing them from your lapua mag?

Thanks.

thanks for taking out the junk, eaglet the buck scores 168.75 gross and takes home 163.375.I feel that the 250 sceners do a great job on deer, at 275 it put a pop can size hole in the neck I also shot a mule deer this past week end 5/5,a good buck for long range 592yrs.the first shoot I mist. toke anther look at my drop chart I was looking at 690 dialed down ,number two right in the boiler room. I found that the sceners do not hold together. the bullet did go throu but found a far bit of the copper jacket. good exit hole . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

goodgrouper,the bullets are going 2930 fps the damage on the deers that I shoot wus grate,the white tail in the picture ,wus shoot at 275 on the exit side i could see his neck bone i could us the hole in his neck as drink holder.now the mule deer I shoot was a little farther 592. There was copper jack all throuth his lungs and in bedded on the other side, making his orgins chop-suey. the bullet did go throuth with a 2 inch exit. I shot a dry doe last year in the head at 310yrs.it opened her head like a (big book). I think that they do a good job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts