Cold Bore Improvment

Was the first cold bore shot on a clean bbl?

During the first ten shots what was the time between shots?

The only error I see here that is consistent after the first shot is that you are almost always low which could come from any number of causes. You are all over the place left and right though which tends to make me lean towards technique or ammo being the biggest problems.

Have you Run this ammo through a chrony to see what the ES is?

it was a clean cold bore on the first pictures i posted. Time between shots was shoot, cycle shoot ect..

Went out again and shot a few more rounds, It was cooler and less wind. almost dark..

So the rifle sat for half the day and my first shot was a happy sight

0726122133a.jpg

it was a clean cold bore on the first pictures i posted. Time between shots was shoot, cycle shoot ect..

Went out again and shot a few more rounds, It was cooler and less wind. almost dark..

So the rifle sat for half the day and my first shot was a happy sight
Well then that brings me back to where I was before. After a good cleaning, fire a fouler or two before shooting for "record" so to speak.

After seeing the targets I agree with wild rose now . I can't see this sudden cold bore shot that is so bad after waiting 5 or 10 minuets . I see the same , variation in POI in lots of directions . You are not shooting all that bad but I don't think the rifle is at fault . I think you need to work on your technique a bit more and try different brands of ammo .

Bullet bumper, Yeah i need to try some better ammo for sure, and shoot off a bench for this kind of research. Im just out in the desert on a dirt road laying in the dirt lol.

WildRose, I am using a swfa ss 16x mq. and it will focus down that low. And i do the bobble head parallax check lol

Bullet bumper, Yeah i need to try some better ammo for sure, and shoot off a bench for this kind of research. Im just out in the desert on a dirt road laying in the dirt lol.

WildRose, I am using a swfa ss 16x mq. and it will focus down that low. And i do the bobble head parallax check lol
When you have time move out to 100yds and give it a "shot". If you clean fire a couple of foulers and then repeat your process from above.

16x at that range is awfully high.

Yeah i will move out to 100 yards, My scope is fixed magnification
I'm sitting here trying to remember back to the dark ages when I had a Mark 4 fixed 16x on an M-24 300wm and it reminded me of trying to work under the microscope on slides.

Man the tiniest movement is magnified many times over and would make me want to push shots instead of waiting till they were right.

Does your rig have the single set trigger? If not have you worked the trigger over?

Yeah i wish it was variable magnification. but for the money i like the scope, fine cross hairs. and clear.

Its just a normal trigger. I did a Yo Dave kit in it and its at 5-6 oz

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.