Close but no cigar

Tnwhip

I pulled up to the farm gate about 8:30 and there was fresh coyote turd in the road. The gate is in the trees and when I pulled out to the edge of the field there was a yote 200yds out trotting across the field. I grabbed the AR and I barked and he stopped. The road is 400 yards behind him so I could not shoot and I could not get steady for the shot anyway. At 300 he stopped again in the clear but still could not get steady, so I let him go, instead of shooting and missing. I had moved my calling gear to another truck and didn't have it with me or I would have tried to call him back. I sure do hate to miss and opportunity like that. I went back this morning but nothing showed up.Today the wind was blowing 25 mph cold front coming through. I thought I could hear one howling but being hard of hearing I couldn't be sure.

Oh that's frustrating! I hope he comes back and gives you another shot. I keep shooting bags in the truck to throw up on the mirror when the opportunity presents itself.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.