Cleaning jag for 6.5mm

mjkten

I was looking for a parker hale style jag in 6.5mm. Dewey makes 22, 6mm, 30, 277, etc...but not a dedicated 6.5. Am I missing something?

Dewey don't make a specific 6.5mm/.264" Parker Hale style jag. The one they do make is specified as .243/.257/6.5 and it is Model #24PH. This has a male thread of 8/32".
kiwikid.

Dewey don't make a specific 6.5mm/.264" Parker Hale style jag. The one they do make is specified as .243/.257/6.5 and it is Model #24PH. This has a male thread of 8/32".
kiwikid.

I guess I'll get one of those then.
Thanks!

STOP....get the Tipton, Deweys black coating comes off, you can see it on your patches.

The Tipton is carbon and wont.

THEN

go to Bullet Central and buy their special JAG, very long, very SHARP point. Best JAG I've ever used and I'm an all day sucker for shooting stuff. I've tried them all,

plus the Dewey has a "male" thread. not good.

I use the 6.5 jag, .22-.26 Rod and SINCLAIR or Tipton 1 1/8" patches.

MIKE LUCAS BORE GUIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

while i got you, ISSO makes the BEST nylon brushes, get them from Bullet Central also.

On a good barrel, you will probably NEVER need a bronze brush

STOP....get the Tipton, Deweys black coating comes off, you can see it on your patches.

The Tipton is carbon and wont.

THEN

go to Bullet Central and buy their special JAG, very long, very SHARP point. Best JAG I've ever used and I'm an all day sucker for shooting stuff. I've tried them all,

plus the Dewey has a "male" thread. not good.

I use the 6.5 jag, .22-.26 Rod and SINCLAIR or Tipton 1 1/8" patches.

MIKE LUCAS BORE GUIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

while i got you, ISSO makes the BEST nylon brushes, get them from Bullet Central also.

On a good barrel, you will probably NEVER need a bronze brush

So you prefer a pierce-style jag to a wrap-style? Why? Just curious.
Already have bore guide and rod that work fine.
I like your recommendation for the nylon bore brushes, definitely will go with that.

Well, I guess its all I've ever done. I may have tried the Parker Hale style wrap around, IDK if the patch kept falling off or what. I see them mostly used in combination with a bore polishing paste. Then you can pull back n forth scrubbing a carbon ring, etc. with my pointy jags I push patch through only once, I dont drag it back.

If you do like , I think I have a few wrap around style I'll send you.

nowadays, I think, most put the polishing paste on a nylon brush.

I've always used the pierce stlyle jags or the patch puller loop. Looking for another way that might be more thorough. The wrap style looks like it's getting more of the patch in contact with the bore.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.