Classified courtesies

Well to the above poster who said I don't know your intentions. Thats the point. Lets say 3 guys ask questions and one guy says I'll take it. Am I supposed to go back to all the guys that asked questions and offer it to hem first? If so how long should I wait for a reply? Meanwhile I have a guy who wants it at asking price. It's not practical or fair to the seller or the buyer. If you've ever been on gun broker and bid on something with a buy it now price. If someone clicks buy it now at full price the auction is over. They dont come back and ask every bidder if they want to pay full price. It's sold.

I would say treat your listings as you wish but this is a classifieds section in a community I'd consider as a collection of like minded "friends" if you will. The forum was created to bring us together from all over the nation. These are not auctions, I treat this section as a place to help fellow members get what they need. We should be better to each other than gunbroker. Humility goes a long ways in my book, if you're all wound up about people asking questions than maybe we should all just take a deep breath and give each other the benefit of the doubt. If someone says "ill take it" I doubt it's gonna matter if you tell him he's 2nd in line if the first or second gentleman in line declines.

And if you are going to sell something, place ad when you are available to post pictures and answer questions.

"I'll post pics next week when i get home" is a waste of everyone's time
That's like on a certain auction site, people will place an item for sale. Start it at 100. but have a reserve, usually about 4 times of that amount. That drives me crazy. Just start it at your lowest dollar you are willing to take and eliminate the reserve and get the auction rolling.

I've been a faithful member for several years now and cherish the general manners and courtesies embraced by the large majority of the members here. This forum is truly different from any other that i have explored. However, lately i have noticed that a lot of deals are being negotiated with buyers not even posting that they had sent a pm. I've made two inquires in the last two days only to be cut off by a SPF post. It used to be common practice to engage with the first public post of interest before doing a deal solely from a PM.

Am i offended? Certainly not, but it is a degradation of a courteous practice i observed by other members and mimmick with every purchase i initiate.

I know it's not a rule, but courtesy shouldn't need to be.
I was the first to reply on some bullets about a hour after they posted them. Saying that I would purchase the one caliber bullets listed. I checked back in and someone purchased the whole lot after I posted. No explanation was given.
Common courtesy would be to give me a reason why I wasn't sold the bullets but I got nothing but crickets.
What gets me is I actually went out of my way to help this same member a few months earlier.
I've dealt with you @tigerwerkes and you are a top notch member and agree with your assessment about being courteous.

If you follow enough forums, you can see who is strictly there for selling. No interaction with the main board, just the classifieds. It's easy to get a feel for how they operate.

It is also easy to pare down the number of forums you visit/interact with.

I too have dealt with @tigerwerkes and he's been nothing short of spectacular. He's local to me, so it adds a level of interaction, meets when he says he will and follows thru.

There are quite a few more that I have dealt with that are easy to work with and there are a few that have made it quite difficult and end up on ignore.

This is a great community, some just happen to treat it like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.

We are all not the same, I don't want to see the classifieds regulated to the detail.
I deal with buyers in the order they post, if I have to answer questions for a potential buyer who is interested for an hour or so, his place is secured in line and has first right of refusal. Then work my way down the line.
I price my stuff to sell and at times it gets hectic, but I try to treat buyers fairly, and I will not sell while in negotiations.
If it was totally about the money, I'd list higher and eliminate some from the game.

In a perfect world, yes, but classifieds are basically reverse auctions. There is pressure and "gamesmanship/competition/ impulse " associated with the classifieds that when the price reaches a "low enough" number.... someone claims it, then shells out the cash...

These are auctions.... cash is king, and first to provide it wins.

There are a very few select members (you are one of them) who i hold in high regard that i would take your questioning seriously and i would also post on my classified that I am engaged with a serious buyer who has first shot at purchase.

otherwise, first to post I'll take it wins for me.

BUT ALL OF THIS NEEDS TO BE CONTROLLED BY THE SELLER.

Clearly state how you want to sell it, payment methods, communication and how you want to engage with potential buyers.
My ads are vague as heck, complete with crappy pics, and I could care less how I am paid. I prefer electronic transfer, but if a check needs to be mailed, my item is shipped before I get payment.
In essence, my item, yet I'm the least in control, lol

I know there are different ways for everyone and when you have a listing that is pretty popular things go sideways fast with posted replies and PMs. I always try to go by timestamps. Nothing I am selling is worth peeving someone to the point of anger. I'd rather throw it away.

One thing that does get me wound up is when sellers never edit post to say SOLD. Topics resurface as people ask "still available?"