• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Christmas present Left handed AR

TX mountain hunter

Looking for a left handed AR for my son for Christmas. Preferably all in under $800 and even lower costs so I could throw in optics or ammo would be ideal.

Open to any and all leads here as time is winding down.

Just received this in a text from Aero

I realize you are wanting a complete AR, but you can put the parts under the tree and you and him can assemble it after Christmas, would probably hold a lot of memories for him in the future. Nothing like a big pile of parts to make a person smile.

You decide to go this route, I will donate a CMC lower parts kit without FC and a BCM grip. If I don't have an ambi LPK, I will purchase it and a slim line grip and get them out to you ASAP.

Last edited:
thank you all for the replies. Studying up on ARs shortly. While I feel extremely comfortable in long range & ultralight rifle setups and components I'm a newby to ARs.

Darryle,
Thanks for the lead and I like where you're going. Dumb question but what else would I need besides an upper and a lower? Apparently an FC for the lower but idk what that is 😂, or the other acronyms. Let me pay you fair value for it and the setup whatever it is. I'll shoot you a PM shortly.

thank you all for the replies. Studying up on ARs shortly. While I feel extremely comfortable in long range & ultralight rifle setups and components I'm a newby to ARs.

Darryle,
Thanks for the lead and I like where you're going. Dumb question but what else would I need besides an upper and a lower? Apparently an FC for the lower but idk what that is 😂, or the other acronyms. Let me pay you fair value for it and the setup whatever it is. I'll shoot you a PM shortly.

No need, another shooter keeps our sport going.

FC = Fire Control = Trigger

Take @haisardao up on his offer and I will throw in a new in the box RH Aero Precision XL upper and ambi control LPK and grip.

I can probably cobble together a complete LPK with Mil-Spec trigger.

You will need a trigger/fire control(provided I don't have one), buffer tube kit, bolt carrier group, handguard, barrel, gas tube, gas block, thread protector(avoid a brake or flash hider to protect his ears) and a butt stock. I am sure I have forgotten something. You will need a armorers wrench and blocks to assemble everything if you have a vise.

We can get you in under your ceiling if you go RH with ambi controls.

ARs are like cockroaches, you have one and then they are everywhere.

No need, another shooter keeps our sport going.

FC = Fire Control = Trigger

Take @haisardao up on his offer and I will throw in a new in the box RH Aero Precision XL upper and ambi control LPK and grip.

I can probably cobble together a complete LPK with Mil-Spec trigger.

You will need a trigger/fire control(provided I don't have one), buffer tube kit, bolt carrier group, handguard, barrel, gas tube, gas block, thread protector(avoid a brake or flash hider to protect his ears) and a butt stock. I am sure I have forgotten something. You will need a armorers wrench and blocks to assemble everything if you have a vise.

We can get you in under your ceiling if you go RH with ambi controls.

ARs are like cockroaches, you have one and then they are everywhere.
I'll send a full lower minus the trigger group, swaps the safety/ and other stuff x ambi and you're good.

Appreciate the replies once again. I think I really like the idea of throwing together parts. I do like the idea of having the left side ejection as my son had a bad experience shooting a righty left handed with the hot brass hitting him.

I'll start putting together a list although I want to make sure I get each of you money for the parts you've noted as well. I may also send a
PM w my phone number to make sure I'm getting this right.

Thanks a ton gents!

Once again, thanks a ton guys. I've tried to summarize the notes to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Notes summarized:
  • Soon to buy / currently in cart: Left handed upper from Aero, $179 AR15 Stripped Left Handed Upper Receiver - Anodized Black w/ Nickel Boron BCG | Aero Precision (aeroprecisionusa.com)
  • Darryle - will donate a CMC lower parts kit without FC and a BCM grip. If I don't have an ambi LPK, I will purchase it and a slim line grip and get them out to you ASAP.
  • Haisardao - I'll send you a lower receiver(standard you can put ambi controls) for free, nothing fancy but it's new and seating here without use. Gotta keeps the kids engaged in shooting and hunting.
  • Darryle - Take @haisardao up on his offer and I will throw in a new in the box RH Aero Precision XL upper and ambi control LPK and grip.
  • Darryle - I can probably cobble together a complete LPK with Mil-Spec trigger.
  • I Will need: a trigger/fire control(provided I don't have one), buffer tube kit, bolt carrier group, handguard, barrel, gas tube, gas block, thread protector
  • Haisardao - I'll send a full lower minus the trigger group, swaps the safety/ and other stuff x ambi and you're good

• I will need the buffer tube, spring and weight as well. Lower has ambi safety

• Darryle - Warhammer ambi charge handle I can throw in

Questions remaining / path forward:
Thanks again.