CHRISTENSEN ARMS MPR CHASSIS

corey suir

I have started my first rifle build and am looking for it to be an all around rifle. Something i can take to the rang and shoot out to distance and something i can bring in the woods and hunt with. After looking at only god knows how many different stocks and chassis i had it narrowed down to about a handful of options. They are as follow; mdt hnt26, mdt ess, krg whiskey 3,krg xray, xlr atom and christensen arms mpr.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these chassis' being used as both a hunting and target rifle? I personally feel that the hnt26 is going to be to light for those long days at the range and that the mdt ess (4.5 lbs) might be getting a little heavy for hunting. This would leave the Christensen MPR and the XLR in the middle of the weights sitting roughly at 3.5 lbs apiece.

Any help in choosing a chassis would be appreciated. Also if there any other ones that i should look it please let me know.

I have started my first rifle build and am looking for it to be an all around rifle. Something i can take to the rang and shoot out to distance and something i can bring in the woods and hunt with. After looking at only god knows how many different stocks and chassis i had it narrowed down to about a handful of options. They are as follow; mdt hnt26, mdt ess, krg whiskey 3,krg xray, xlr atom and christensen arms mpr.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these chassis' being used as both a hunting and target rifle? I personally feel that the hnt26 is going to be to light for those long days at the range and that the mdt ess (4.5 lbs) might be getting a little heavy for hunting. This would leave the Christensen MPR and the XLR in the middle of the weights sitting roughly at 3.5 lbs apiece.

Any help in choosing a chassis would be appreciated. Also if there any other ones that i should look it please let me know.
It's what I used in my .338 Thor.

I am also looking at a folding chassis and having trouble making up my mind. A fellow member on here mentioned that the MPA ultralight would be a good option as well. The thing I like about the Christensen is that it has the carbon fiber hand guard for colder days. The aluminum on the MPA I dont know that I'd like when it's below 30° but it is one piece so stronger for sure. Let us know what you decide.