Christensen MPR

WeiserBucks

Any word on the MPR ? Seems like Christensen has really been up and down recently. At least they got the weight and twist right . Interested to hear what you guys have to say.

Have a 300NM MPR that shoots well. Had a 6.5 PRC MPR that shot sub MOA as well. Neither has a really smooth action on them. I ended up selling the 6.5 PRC barreled action, keeping the carbon chassis, and will soon be putting in a Bighorn Origin w/Proof 6.5 PRC barrel. The Christensen actions just don't measure up to 'semi-custom' actions such as the origin or ARC Nucleus, and not even close to a Tikka. Shooting more of my Tikka just left me unhappy with the Christensen action and eventually made it worth my money to pay to move to the Origin + Proof barrel.

I've heard a good bit of issues with barrels from Christensen. If you get a good one, as I did on mine, they shoot well. But you can be in for some frustrating experiences and shipping back to Christensen on your dime if you get a sub-par one.

I've got a 26" MPR in 6.5 creedmoor, and it's shoots sub moa with 140 eldm ammo. However it's getting a carbonsix 22 creed barrel fitted.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts