Chris Matthews of LSR has "Pimped my Rifle".

DaddyRabbit

Chris Matthews of LSR has \"Pimped my Rifle\".

I'm as happy as a New Dad. I had Chris do his magic on an 700 bdl and this is the Metamorphosis. I can't say enough good things about Chris and his work, "truly outstanding". The fit and finish is superb. It is a 300 Win Mag w/a Broughton 26'' 5R barrel .940 at muzzle, Badger Brake, H-S Precision mag sys, McMillan A-5 adj, Jewell trigger and a Badger Lug. I have an IOR 9-36x56 scope on it's way to top it off. As soon as I get it mounted range pics will follow. The bad news is for Chris is now he will have to put up w/me and all of my new rifles in the future, I.e., 6.5x284, etc, etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Thanks for the great work Chris.
e181096f.jpg
NewGun004.jpg
NewGun007.jpg

Re: Chris Matthews of LSR has \"Pimped my Rifle\".

DaddyRabbit:

Great looking rifle. Looks like Chris did his usual fantastic work. If it shoots as good as it looks you have a winner.

Post more pics when you get the scope mounted.

I like your choice of stock. I have the same stock and bottom metal going on a new gun later this summer.

Also keep us posted on the range results as you progress.

We'll do. The IOR man is on vacation till the end of the month so the wait is going to kill me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will go the same A-5 stock on my next project, (6.5x284) but I don't quite yet know what color I want yet. What caliber are you going with?

[ QUOTE ]
DaddyRabbit:

Great looking rifle. Looks like Chris did his usual fantastic work. If it shoots as good as it looks you have a winner.

Post more pics when you get the scope mounted.

I like your choice of stock. I have the same stock and bottom metal going on a new gun later this summer.

Also keep us posted on the range results as you progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

So,Daddy...How does your wife feel about sharing the bed with a new rifle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't realy tell but is your barrel the same diameter as your action or is it smaller?

Hey, a mans gotta have his priorties in order. Kick the wife out of the bed and snuggle up to your new rifle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So,Daddy...How does your wife feel about sharing the bed with a new rifle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can say it is as close to being as large as the action as you can get as it appears to me.
[ QUOTE ]
I can't realy tell but is your barrel the same diameter as your action or is it smaller?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, a mans gotta have his priorties in order. Kick the wife out of the bed and snuggle up to your new rifle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your wife is even 1/2 as sexy as that rifle is,you got it made! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thats an absolute beauty of a rifle! Thats what I want my 7 or 300 Allen mag to look like. I like all the extras you've chosen, Thats how I'd set up my rifle. Thanks for posting. Please post pics of the rifle with the scope on and some range pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaddyRabbit,
Will be glad to break that bad boy in for you (hate to see it sitting there for a month)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Excellent looking rig! Good Luck.......

Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A great lookin rifle indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know it's twin

Yes, Chris is da man

Thanks for the compliments guys. LL, my next acquisition will be a rifle/caliber like yours that Sir Chris built for ya. I Hopefully, can get my targets to look like yours too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[ QUOTE ]
A great lookin rifle indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know it's twin

Yes, Chris is da man

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice rig! The work looks top notch as ususal from the pics I've seen of chris's work. Have fun shooting it!

Yea, something about these pictures, first, rifle on the kitchen table, then on the bed....what's up? Will the next set be on the hood of your pick-up truck when you mount the scope? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks a lot like my 300 RUM Chris built...

db

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.