Choosing to hunt with 3 calibers

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping to be able to choose from the 3 and have them ready but I have only 1 scope to use until the other 2 arrive. Gonna slap it on the 257 weatherby and use the scirocco ii's i have and if they don't shoot i will switch to the accubonds. It being a flatter gun it should fill my needs. Just dont want to over gun the critters and ruin the meat or undergun them which with the range given i think 257 will be just fine.

Only three rifles? Man are you lacking in fire power! LOL Like others have said the 257 WBM is the one I would choose. I have killed a BUNCH of deer over the past 35 years with a 25-06 but never owned a 257 WBM but my hunting buddy has had a few. It is as has been said at 25-06 on steroids. Just use a bonded or mono or partition bullet for the under 100 yard shots is my advice. Standard cup and core bullets really come apart on those close shots.

I was ten when I shot my first 06. Dad had borrowed a rifle from a friend as he was not an avid hunter, but had gotten invited . So we were sharing that rifle. As he was not that knowledgeable about firearms he bought a box of 30-06 Remington Core-lokt 220 grainers from Ace Hardware store. When I shot it the first time I remember noticing how blue the sky was. It knocked me on my butt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.