choke tube for remington 870

Carlson extra full turkey .660.If a turkey is within 50 yards its mine .I patterned it out to 50 yards and 50% of the shot hit the turkey target

I agree with jimmy 223, got pure gold extended choke recommended by a buddy and been giving great performance.

In 870 SM, try .665 with #6 or larger. With a 23" barrel mine loves it. Also Indian Creek Strike in .665 is a good recommendation also.

Have had good luck with the undertaker and jellyhead with federal #6's with the flite control wad.

Full choke for steel shot. I purchased an 870 several years ago for duck hunting. Needed another shotgun for my grandson to turkey hunt and tried it. Could not believe the pattern I got shooting #4 copper buffered shot. Still use it today, patterns better than high priced turkey chokes.

Using a Hastings extended .640 and a .660 in a Remington 870 using the same shells you asked about. If hunting fields lots of long open shots use the .640 and if in woods switch to the .660. I would suggest the .660 first then try a .640. Sometimes the pattern will open back up with you. But 30 years hunting eastern longbeards those have always shot patterns of 85% or more at 40 yds. I will not say how far my longest kill is with the .640.

My 20 gauge Benelli M2 clearly prefers the Indian Creek over the Primos jelly head and the pattern master anaconda. My 1187 12 prefers the Rem Super full turkey choke to the Primos Jelly Head

All shots were at 45 yards

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.