CHECK OUT THIS BULLET

RMulhern,
Our bullets thrive on speed. Some examples: I built a wildcat 22 that we call a 22x64. It is almost identical to a 22-06 Easling and we run a 40gr bullet to 4700fps. It is the best meat harvester I have ever used. In my 7x57 I use a 130gr HV bullet at 2950fps and a 120gr HV at 3100fps. A 130gr HV will do 3200fps from a 24" 308 Win and here is a picture from one of our customers who fired them into tightly bound blocks of dry glossy magazines.
gschv130gr308.gif

Ours are the three on the left and the middle one hit the wire the blocks were bound up with. The jacketed lead bullet on the right, at a good couple of hundred fps less, did not do too well. The customer measured the penetration of the HV bullets at more than double that of the jacketed bullet and the "wound channels" were larger in diameter as well. We are having a ball with these things.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.