Check these out!!!

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
To all,

Most here will be interested in these to some degree or another.

257824.jpg

These are from left to right, 225 gr Speer BTSP, 300 gr ULD RBBT Wildcat(hunting), 350 gr ULD RBBT Wildcat and the 140 gr 7mm Accubond for size comparision.

I will be testing this huge bullet in my 338 Kahn and see how it performs at extreme range, +1500 yards.

Thought many of you may be interested.

Kirby Allen(50)

Where does a person apply for a job like yours?

Let us know how they do. I know I can't wait to try the bullets I ordered from Richard. Hopefully they'll be here next week!!

You are correct, I'm interested in these bullets. Although I wonder why one would use a 225 boatail if one could get a 250, 300, or 350 grain boatail?

Also how does one get these bullets and do they ship to Canada? I assume they have higher BCs than the 300 gr SMK. I notice they are listed as hunting bullets will they reliably hold together on big game at close range < 50yds?

Also I've thought a bit about what velocity I will get in my Weatherby Accumark, 26" barrel without the brake, and I suspect I'll only get 2850 fps, 300 gr, without pushing it too much by loading hot. I recall you mentioned getting 3050 fps, 300 gr, with your Kahn with it's 34" barrel with mild loads.

Auburn Tiger,

Here are the .257" Wildcat Bullets I have in stock for the Allen Magnums. There are other weights as well.

258122.jpg

From left to right, 100 gr Ballistic Tip for comparison, 100 gr Bonded Core FBHP, 130 gr Bonded Core FBHP, 130 gr Heavy Jacket Bonded Core FBHP, 142 gr ULD Rebated Boattail(b.c. .790), 145 gr FBSP and finally the 156 gr ULD Rebated Boattail (b.c. .820).

I do not have any pics right now of the 284 based wildcats in file loaded with these bullets.

Good Shooting,

Kirby Allen(50)

Alremkin,

The 225 gr BT is pictured really for comparision reasons. I use them for fireforming because I had a couple boxes on trade and they actually shoot pretty **** well. The fireforming load rips them out at 3480 fps and gets sub 3" groups at 500 yards so they are at least usible in the field. This bullet launched at near 3500 fps is really a very heavy varmint bullet, pops very hard on impact.

I would imagine out of a 338-378 Wby you would get 2800 to 2850 with the 300 gr ULD which is plenty for extreme range shooting. Remember extreme velocity means very little in this sport.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

GoodGrouper,

For the 338 Wildcat Bullets, the 300 gr Hunting ULD runs right around .810 to .820 depending on normal factory. The match 300 gr will be slightly higher because of its longer nose profile.

I do not know yet what the 350 gr B.C. will be, if I had to estimate I would say in the high .8 to low .9 range. I hope to get 2750 fps with them in the Kahn, 2800 if I am lucky, we will have to see.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

XP,

He is working on some 169.5 gr ULDs as we speak. I think he still is waiting on dies. I think he said this bullet would run in the mid .900 B.C.

We were also thinking of a 180 gr ULD but we have not decided if we want to try this or not in the 6.5mm Allen Mag. B.C. would be similiar to the 210 gr 7mms at 1.040 or so B.C.

Would need at least a 1-7 I suspect, possible more even at the velocity of the Allen Mag.

Good Shooting,

Kirby Allen(50)

The 7mm 210's seem very interesting with a b.c of 1.040. Has he built any of these yet. I saw on another board laupa is coming out with a short 338 laupa. It would be perfect for necking down to 7mm and putting a 35 degree shoulder on. Would launch the 210's just fine. Richard is changing the name of long range. Fifty thanks for all the good info

Kirby,
So a 17 inch 1-7 twist Specialty Handgun in all likelyhood would not stabilize the big 6.5 bullet in a 6.5-284 case. Right?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.