Chart for the Eagle pack

Here is the chart I made for my .243 AI I got on here.
NF scope, 115 DTAC moly @ 3178 fps 4800asl

Yellow = first revolution
green = 2nd
purple - 3rd

gonna laminate it and stick it in my Eagle stock pack...

Any suggestions for improvements or changes ?

Thanks

Sendero,

I've done pretty much the same thing as you show, except one in Mils for my carry gun (Weaver Tactical) and one in MOA and Mils for the Big Girl (16X SS).

I tape them to the butt stock with shipping take. They last a long time even without laminating.

What do you do about elevation and atmospheric variables? I'm kind of concerned about that...

What I do for temperature and altitude is I run JBM/Eskimo for what I have shot in reality and then I save that file and I run the same data again but change the temperature by 10 degrees and run the program again and check the difference at 1000 yards. I then run it again for 10 degrees less and check the difference at 1000 yards. I may run it for even +/- 20 degrees and check those differences. I then make a little note for my drop chart as to the MOA change per 10 degrees. I then repeat the whole exercise of resetting everything to my known dialin conditions and run the programs with a change in altitude of 1000 ft plus and minus and for 2000 feet plus or minus. I check the differences and make a note.

For the 7AM at 1000 yards the change in drop is :
10 Degrees F = 0.1 inches of drop
1000 ft elevation = 0.2 inches of drop

Roy,

I ran my load thru Exbal at 4800 asl at various temps. I have found that the humididty doesn't change to much here and base it at 40 all the time.

Next, I set my chart based on 4800 ft and 50 degrees. A good average for all the situations that I will be shooting my 243.

I can run up to 7000 ft. 20 degrees after coyotes, etc. and only be 1 inch low at 600 yards and strong 4 low at 1000. 99% of my shots are under 500 yards on Coyotes.

On the other hand, I can shoot PD's or control work on Predators in the summer at 4800 ft 90 degrees and I am only shooting 3/4 inch higher at 600 and 4.1 inches higher at 1000. Both will equal a dead coyote.

So, to answer your question, I just found a "happy medium" to base my dialing off from and will adjust a little as needed.

Not doing any BR work or paper punching or I would be alot more critical and have multiple charts and have shot at all conditions to make sure they are accurate.

I have found that most BC's of bullets I shoot are just a little high. After slight correction, they run good thru Exbal.

Hope that answers your ?

Last edited:
Sheez bb, you're more anal than me and I tho't I was bad.;)

Just put a load in for you 7 mm and reduce the velocity to 3050 and 300 yd zero and I'll just ask for what I should do when the time comes to trip the trigger. 50* 60% and 25.548":cool:

Sendero,

You covered the bases. I've given up shooting at paper. I found myself measuring 500yd groups w/a dial caliber. That's kind of crazy. I've switched to horizontal 1 liter pop bottles to simulate yotes and little 6oz yogurt containers to fine tune things.

Headed for the range to do final checks on RSI print outs as soon as I hit <Enter>;)

Huh? <Enter> just gave me a new line.:(

Here goes a "Submit Reply"

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts