Cerakote Oven

Oven control w/thermalcouple & knob from discarded kitchen range - FREE. 8 inch replacement element from Lowes - $28 add the cabinet, insulation & long stem thermometer ($15-$30 for the thermometer)(foil backed duct insulation. I got mine from McMaster-Carr, meat thermometer reads max temp of 400* from WalMart. I use an extra bluing thermometer I had in the shop) 110v , 5" electric fan from Grainger. Now,,, add some imagination,,,,,,,,, screw needing someone elses plans !!!!!!

If your lucky, you might get the 8" stove top element from the the same discarded kitched range you get the oven controller from,,,,,, along with the receptical the element plugs into and some electric range wire, too.

For those who aren't interested in all the DIY projects, this is nearing the end of grilling season for most of the major outdoor product suppliers. As such you can often locate, with some diligent searching, an electric smoker in the size you want for this project at some discounted pricing.

I found a couple in the Cabela's Bargain cave last year for a steal. One will handle longer (30") barrels while the other is suited to dozens of smaller parts, actions and bolts. Both run temps of 100 degrees to 400 degrees. One stop shopping but you might have to look around and the sales might not start this early yet.

Regards.

I built this oven out of a old locker. The PID controls really well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 113
I found a couple in the Cabela's Bargain cave last year for a steal. One will handle longer (30") barrels while the other is suited to dozens of smaller parts, actions and bolts. Both run temps of 100 degrees to 400 degrees. One stop shopping but you might have to look around and the sales might not start this early yet.

Regards.
An oven that'll handle only 30" wouldn't be very useful as my M1A w/22" barrel is longer. Maybe just look into using the "Air Dry" stuff or spend $1200+ for a commercially made oven.

Work has been busier than usual for this time of the year and I haven't had time to stop by to get caught up on any of the forums.

An oven that'll handle only 30" wouldn't be very useful as my M1A w/22" barrel is longer. Maybe just look into using the "Air Dry" stuff or spend $1200+ for a commercially made oven.

We don't Cerakote any assemblies. Every part gets prepped and painted individually then assembled when dry. So a 30" oven works great because we paint between 6 and 10 full rifles each day without any problems.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts