Cerakote

If you are considering doing a cerakote job yourself, you may want to check out this company first - http://www.gunfinish.com/ I was thinking about doing some. While I would enjoy doing it, I know that I would not save any real money compared to what I can get it done there for. Plus, their two step process gives better protection.

If your a DIY guy a airbrush and Duracoat makes for an awesome and durable finish. Prep is the key. Duracoat will flash dry in a curing oven at about 120 degrees for an hour. High bake vinyl stencils tolerate 200 degrees which a Cerakote job would melt. You can see my videos if you search YouTube for Predator Ink. I make the camo stencil paks for most of the popular patterns. Shoot me an email if you need any help along the way. Good luck with the project

Beau
Predator Ink
Custom Firearm Camo Refinishing
www.predatorink.com
[email protected]

I have used both duracoat and cerakote systems. in my opinion cerakote is a superior product hands down. It goes on thinner and therefore is more chip/scratch resistant, as well as will not interfere with bolt movement in an action if you coat the inside of the action. This goes for both bolt action and semi auto. You have to use an air gun to apply as it is not available in a spray can like the duracoat. But its worth the investment if you are going to spend the time prepping, you may as well get the best result. Even the inexpensive detail guns available at harbor freight will turn out good results.

@bigngreen does mine for me. Best that I have seen. I'd ask him his advise. I have had some done where it was too thick, sticky, or chipped/wore off easily. Not his.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.