Ceracoat

okie man

i just purchased my first rifle with ceracoat finish on it. Anything I need too know about what too or not too put on it? I typically use corrosion x as a wipe down after I'm done shooting and ready for storage.

I've tried all kinds of solvents including brake fluid to take off some air cure cerakote overspray on a bicycle frame. Nothing would touch it. I would think that anything you would feel comfortable using on a firearm would be fine.

I have Cerakoted nearly all of my guns now and anything short of a sandblaster will not remove it. Any solvent that is safe for a gun barrel is safe on cerakote.

Anyone compared H series to C series?

I know that H is suposed to be more scratch resistant, and the high temp C is obviously more heat resistant, how do the 2 compare when solvents are involved?

A buddy of mine builds hot rods and customs. He uses C cerakote on engine components and headers. Solvents don't bother it.

I know this isn't what the thread is about; but anyone getting cerakoting needs to aware of people who take short cuts. That coating will flake off. Go to someone who has been doing it and one you can get customers intel about his work.

i just purchased my first rifle with ceracoat finish on it. Anything I need too know about what too or not too put on it? I typically use corrosion x as a wipe down after I'm done shooting and ready for storage.

There is an extensive article on Ceracote in the current issue (Feb 2019) of Firearms News. They say in a series of tests the only chem to hurt it was "a 5% solution of HCL." It only scored "good."

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts