Celestron Regal M2 16-48x60 users?? Opinions

ShootnMathews

Celestron Regal M2 16-48x60 ED

I am looking for my first and hopefully only spotting scope for many years and got several good suggestions in another thread. The celestron scopes were one of them. I think this scope will fit my needs IF it is clear enough. I've read tons of reviews which were more positive than not, but I'd like to know if anyone here has/ uses this scope and if you reccomend it.

Some of the reviews I read were from hunters using it in the field and spoke highly of it for the price. Comparing it to viper or better than viper quality. One guy said in a side by side comparison with 3 swaro's,(over a full day of use and comparison bird watching at long distance) the swaro's only beat out his regal m2 20-60x80 on the highest magnification. At 60 he said the swaro's maintained a clear crisp image and the celestron was slightly fuzzy. But from 50 or so power down he could tell no major difference. If that is the case then this scope would fill my needs at a much cheaper price point.

I'd just like to read some real world reviews from you guys who have one...if any of you do.

Thanks

Ps I am not opposed to a higher magnification/objective version but I know with scopes as the power goes up is where the quality of the glass will show and things go hazy, fuzzy, distorted, dark and more. I figure with the smaller model it will be lighter and hopefully clearer. Although it may be clearer to get a 20-60x80 and not zoom fully out as the 16-48 may get hazy as it approaches the max magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.