Bushnell Elite, Vanguard Endevour, or Celestron Regal?

letrbuck

Looking at getting my first spotter, and I'm limited on price. From some of what I've found online (and price point) I've narrowed it to these three. Does anyone have experience comparing any two or all three of these?

Sorry I cant say that I have compared any of the three you listed, but I did once own a Bosh & Lomb elite. It was a very bright clear scope, I would say it was as good as my vary-x III that's on my 308 Norma Mag. I just bought a cheap Bushnell banner scope and it seems very good for the price, I think I paid about $125 dollars for it. I know the elite would be much better than this, also I think Bushnell and Bosh & Lomb are now one in the same. Good luck hunting and be safe.

the vanguard is the only one that will give you close to real HD glass. I have it in 20-60x80. It works better than the price tag leaves you to believe. We had some bushnell elites at the shop for awhile. they suck.

Sorry I thought you were talking about hunting scopes , my mistake. I never liked a spotting scope very well , but the newer ones with larger eye pieces and objective lenses are pretty nice. I like binoculars I have 20 X 80 Steiner, 10 X 80 what they call tank glasses , and a pair of CELESTRON 25 X 100 they all have an exit pupil of 4 or better. The larger the exit pupil number the better the glass is in dim light situations. To determine the exit pupil divide the magnification into the objective, in the case of a spotting scope set at 20 power and an objective lens of 80mm exit pupil is - 4 if the objective lens was 100mm it would be 5 , that would be real good. The 10 X 80 glasses have an exit pupil of 8 , that's one of the reasons they are so good. The coatings mean a lot also as far as brightness. Good hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.